Concious Seizures

• Re: Concious Seizures

ExitHope wrote:

Had a seizure at a friend's house. Was concious for the most part. Is that good or bad?

What kind of seizure? Like what happened to you/what did you experience? Has it happened before? Do you have a condition you're already aware of that would have caused it?

I'll have to agree with the others and say that no seizure is a good seizure, but since the worst thing to have happened to me personally thusfar in life was epilepsy medication, I'm not gonna be quick to the mark with recommendations to see a doctor =P

But seriously, more info would be good, a seizure could be absolutely anything, you need to tell us what it was that happened before anyone can really advise you on anything.

Hope you're alright anyhoo!
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

im a pst epileptic so im used to having them. i only have them when i sleeping so thank god my friend decided to pop in on me and his sister's a nurse. i was kind of more worried about the whole knowing what was happening during it. i remember him yelling downstairs up until coming to. parents came and got me and the car. quite embarrassing.

Right so. Yeah, I'd say it's scary being aware of what's going on but not being able to control it =S At least you're ok, but you should probably talk to a doctor, or your neurologist if you see one, to see if it's normal. I'm not an expert, so I can't really say for sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but it does sound odd to me, so you should probably get it checked out.

Are you on meds at all for your epilepsy?

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

im supposed to be but they have horrible side affects. the're made to depress the brain, but so much as to cause suicidal thoughts. They found this out after me being on them for a few years, yet i reported them to my doctor to get a response of,"Its all in your head. You're being childish." So i stopped taking them for a while, had one two years ago, and woke up to my girlfriend at the time holding my hand in the ER[god i love her]. I was put back on, started experiencing the depression again, and by this time, i'd gone through three different doctors. That's was when I said I had enough and, of all things, facebooked by suicide. I was put back on it, they added celexa to my cabnet of pills, and i started experiencing extreme insomnia from it. So the pills that depressed my brain would make me depressed, the anti-depressant was to stop the suicidal thoughts yet not let me sleep, and everyone was treating me like a child throwing a temper tantrum. As of now, I saym"Fuck the pills, and the tampering they do to my brain. If I die from a seizure, I die from a seizure."

ExitHope wrote:

im supposed to be but they have horrible side affects. the're made to depress the brain, but so much as to cause suicidal thoughts. They found this out after me being on them for a few years, yet i reported them to my doctor to get a response of,"Its all in your head. You're being childish." So i stopped taking them for a while, had one two years ago, and woke up to my girlfriend at the time holding my hand in the ER[god i love her]. I was put back on, started experiencing the depression again, and by this time, i'd gone through three different doctors. That's was when I said I had enough and, of all things, facebooked by suicide. I was put back on it, they added celexa to my cabnet of pills, and i started experiencing extreme insomnia from it. So the pills that depressed my brain would make me depressed, the anti-depressant was to stop the suicidal thoughts yet not let me sleep, and everyone was treating me like a child throwing a temper tantrum. As of now, I saym"Fuck the pills, and the tampering they do to my brain. If I die from a seizure, I die from a seizure."

Wow. I'd actually forgotten about this thread.

Anyway, the ones I was on were used to treat manic depression too, so they didn't so much depress me as rob me of emotion altogether and sedate me =/ Plus it turned out I was allergic and they were slowly killing me.

I think you're completely right to just ignore the pills, I honestly think unless you've had a really major seizure, living with epilepsy is a hell of a lot better than the side effects of the shitty drugs they make you take.

It's take something bloody life-threatening to get me to ever even consider going on some other medication, and there's no way ANYTHING is putting me back on the meds I was on. I got every side-effect on the list of possibilities, bar liver failure =/

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]