My dad is pissing me off!!!

• My dad is pissing me off!!!

So,
      my best friend Kelly and I were planning our Senior Skip Day. We decided right after school the day before no school, we are going to UNCW to stay with a friend and go to the beach. Well, for the past four days I have been asking my parents to talk to Kelly's mom about and and they wont do it. I asked them again a few minutes ago because it is rude to keep the person were going to stay with waiting because she needs to know... My dad flipped a shit and starting yelling at me how I can not go because he thinks something will happen or w/e:nono:. My sister went to the beach with four friends when she was 17 no problem! It makes me mad that I am 18 and they can not trust me for one day/night to drive to the beach with a friend and not get in trouble :( Why can't I go do it to!!!??
    • Re: My dad is pissing me off!!!

I think he may just be frustrated at the moment. Ask him tomorrow, make sure you are calm so he doesn't know you're pissed off, because if he does, you'll get no where. So, just point out the thing with your sister, maybe even get your sister to support you on it. Also, and though you were right to ask, say you're sorry for asking so often, but you were just excited and didn't want to keep your friend waiting on a response. Be calm about it and he may come around.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Gooeyswat wrote:

I think he may just be frustrated at the moment. Ask him tomorrow, make sure you are calm so he doesn't know you're pissed off, because if he does, you'll get no where. So, just point out the thing with your sister, maybe even get your sister to support you on it. Also, and though you were right to ask, say you're sorry for asking so often, but you were just excited and didn't want to keep your friend waiting on a response. Be calm about it and he may come around.

I mean I never ask when he is frustrated and I get that point across and its a huge deal and w/e and plus i apologized on asking so much. I do ask calmly but its just ugh

Well, have you ever done anything, or have something happen, that might have made him lose some trust in you? If so, that could be why he's more strict with you. If not, just try to talk to him about what he's worried about. Find out why he thinks you're not going to be responsible while you're out. Try to put his worries at ease and just be mature about the situation. If you want to be treated like an adult, you have to act like one and prove to him that you're going to be responsible. Maybe you can even have Kelly tell her mom to call your parents instead. If she's okay with it, she may be able to reassure your parents about it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Wow. You're 18 and an adult. I don't see why you can't go out, you're not really their responsibility anymore and should be able to do what you want to do tbh. It won't be long 'til you're planning to move out so how are you going to get your independance if they won't let you do this? Hmm your dad's that protective I'm sure he won't want you to move out.. so you could always say if you don't let me have more freedom I'll move out? That does soun a bit immature though.... hmm desperate times call for desperate measures... or just say you're doing something else but go to the beach anyway ^_^. In any case it's not fair that your sister got to when she was 17, and you're not allowed now... seems like he doesn't want you to grow up.
      [SIZE=3]I miss you; but your words bring splinters,[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]And splinters are not touch, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Shards are not smiles, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]And needles are not laughs.[/SIZE]