Batgirl is contimplating... a relationship?

• Batgirl is contimplating... a relationship?

My decisions are full of complications at the moment. Which is why I need your help.
      Most of us know that I have a rather messed-up way of thinking and the world I create around myself isn't exactly pretty. We also know that my emotional wiring is rather screwed. Although I'm developing and have developed feelings for someone.
      We've been good friends for awhile and I'm terrified of taking things further. I don't think it'd be right to expose him to the way I am, which would eventually happen if we got closer than we are.
      And if things were to go badly, I'd feel humiliated, which is worse than death in my mind.
      I've talked to him about how I feel, and that I may ask him out. He's already confirmed he'd say yes if that happened. I'm just not sure if I should.
      Most people will say 'you have nothing to lose' but for me, it's a lot to lose. And I don't want to hurt him.
      He's also a red-blooded male and most of us know that I could almost hate anything physical and sexual. I just don't want to waste his time...
      I need help thinking about what to do. Usually I could just ignore these types of things but it's getting a tad harder.
      I'm sorry if this made no sense. ;/
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]
    • Re: Batgirl is contimplating... a relationship?

Batgirl wrote:

He's also a red-blooded male and most of us know that I could almost hate anything physical and sexual. I just don't want to waste his time...

Why would you hate that? Stop being embarrassed about yourself. Anyway, if he said yes and you said that he knew you quite well, then I am quite sure he knows the consequences of being with you. Plus, being a teenager is one point in life where you get to start experience all things that deal with relationships. It is a great place to try new things, as eventually it will all change with university and as others get on with life. Someday, you will regret not taking the risks and wish you could turn back to time have the opportunity again. You will be just fine, just try it. Good luck and Take Care!

It's not so much being embarassed of myself but not wanting to turn into what so many females turn into. I understand having sexual relations with someone you truely care about isn't slutty but..
      Like I said, my mind is a mess and I have so much pride that it'd kill me to be seen as any form of an object.
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]

By "and that I may ask him out", what do you mean? Do you mean on a date or the typical high school ask someone out and they are now your boyfriend/girlfriend way?

I'd say if you're not entirely sure on what you should do, don't try and jump into a relationship straight away. Take your time with him and go on a few dates first, that will help you determine if you're ready for this or not.
      [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Well if you have feelings for him then you have to think, do you think it would work between you too? do you think he would be understanding of you?

Also, what do you have against sexual stuff?

I found this post on another site about 'is sex good for a relationship?' I think its pretty much spot on:

Sex is an important part of a relationship but if it is or becomes the most important aspect then there is no ''real'' relationship. It can be the ultimate expression of love between two people, a way to communicate feelings that are difficult to express in words. It's pretty darn important for procreation - obvious exceptions being infertility or disability. I helps build closeness and intimacy, relieves stress, gives comfort. Sex differentiates a romantic relationship from a platonic relationship.

Sluttyness to me is sex without love with lots of people you dont have strong feelings for, but sex with somebody you really like and love is totally acceptable.

One last question, why are you so scared of embarrasment? is it a fear of what others think? fear of failing?

Nobody is perfect hun
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

The post was edited 2 times, last by ben101 ().

I admire that you are putting thought into this not only for your sake but his.
      He said he would say yes, so he likes you as well already. Alright, well I like someone's idea of just having a first date. You two won't be in a relationship, but just a date to see how things go. He knows you, you're already friends, so does he know what you're like? He should. If he doesn't, just tell him right now before you start this. Tell him your concerns. It's normal to be worried about how it turns out.
      You say that it is getting harder to ignore this, well that means it is important to you, and you may need to do this. I'm not saying you have nothing to lose, because you do, but look at what you have to gain. This is your choice. I don't want to say, "do it". The final decision is yours.
      So look at what you have to lose, okay you know that already. You've thought over and over about it. What do you have to gain? You can't ignore it because you want it. If you didn't want it, I don't think you'd be thinking about it this much. And I think you should make a choice soonish, it seems you are thinking about this a lot, and it's getting stressful.

That's what I think. Sorry if I didn't give you an exact answer, but I don't know exactly what you feel, so I don't think I could make a good judgment for you. Hope it helped a little. :blush:
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Batgirl wrote:

My decisions are full of complications at the moment. Which is why I need your help.
      Most of us know that I have a rather messed-up way of thinking and the world I create around myself isn't exactly pretty. We also know that my emotional wiring is rather screwed. Although I'm developing and have developed feelings for someone.

DUH DUH DUUHH!

Batgirl wrote:

We've been good friends for awhile and I'm terrified of taking things further. I don't think it'd be right to expose him to the way I am, which would eventually happen if we got closer than we are.
      And if things were to go badly, I'd feel humiliated, which is worse than death in my mind.
      I've talked to him about how I feel, and that I may ask him out. He's already confirmed he'd say yes if that happened. I'm just not sure if I should.
      Most people will say 'you have nothing to lose' but for me, it's a lot to lose. And I don't want to hurt him.
      I need help thinking about what to do. Usually I could just ignore these types of things but it's getting a tad harder.
      I'm sorry if this made no sense. ;/

Do it, do it DO IT!

But seriously, can't knock it till you tried it. Even if it does nd up being a mistake, it's a good kind of mistake. One that you will learn from and gain experience. You don't have to be his girlfriend just to hang out with him and see a movie or two. If things go wrong, or you feel insecure about showing your emotions, you could just beat the crap out of someone, to return the status quo. :D

Do it, God of Awesome! ;)

It's only natural for you to feel such feelings Batgirl, many girls do yo

the thing is, while you and Dick Grayson will naturally want to appease each other, the best way you can do that is by being yourself during a relationship, through and through, you don't want to lose your sense of individuality by doing things you don't want to do or conforming to what you think you should be as his potential girlfriend and vice versa with him as your potential boyfriend. It's also the best way for you to tell if the relationship will work. If he truly wants to be with you, he'll accept you for everything you bring to the table no matter what, and again vice versa with you accepting everything about him. Most good couples appreciate each others' unique personalities yo, so if you feel like you and Dick Grayson don't have chemistry as a couple, you'll come to realize it during the relationship as it goes on.

That being said, sometimes you can have the foresight and know if things have potential, other times as people have said before, you have to step into the fray and gain the life experience necessary to gain that foresight so you know if the chemistry and commitment will be there.

I say let things flow naturally if you do decide to go out with him, don't force anything and try to keep the relationship as stress-free and drama-free as possible. Tell him your feelings so he knows in advance, it'll be easier on his end to understand what you're going through, if he's a committed and respectful guy he should have all the patience in the world with you yo

P.S. don't worry about Batman, he's not in any rush for you and Dick Grayson to have kids yet yo, he's a little too young to be a grandfather

The post was edited 2 times, last by Prophet of 50 Cent ().

I don't know why I hate sexual matters. It angers me to no end and being found attractive in that way just makes me furious. ;/
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]

Batgirl wrote:

I don't know why I hate sexual matters. It angers me to no end and being found attractive in that way just makes me furious. ;/

Interesting, so do you think its jealousy that makes you hate sexual stuff?

Like when you think of doing something sexual with somebody, what emotions do you feel? and what thoughts come to mind?
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Just because hes a guy doesnt mean hell just use you for sex.

As i would say, he likes you, you like him, just go out already
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      &#9829;
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]&#9829;[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]