Religion in schools? Yes or No? (Please read before you post)

• Re: Religion in schools? Yes or No? (Please read before you post)

Why do people fear religion in schools so much?

I think once in high school a world religions class showed be offered. If parents don't want their children to take it, fine, but if they don't mind I think it could be encouraged.

Classes like that teach understanding, tolerance and acceptance.

I don't think a normal public school should teach a religion and say "this is the one way" but I think they should touch on all different religions and belief systems.

The more we know about this world and each other the better. Kids can make their own decisions. Learning about other religions isn't going to hurt them.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Please Go Vote for me. See here. [/CENTER]

VenomX wrote:

Never. Religion ruins people's lives. It's bad enough it's in our churches, so why start doing it in schools, too? Kids don't need to be brainwashed at that age. That's cruel.

How come? its not bad to teach religion at school. im not actually against it. preachers dont brainwash.its okay for the kids to have knowledge about their religion. so whats BRAIN WASHING with that?huh? teaching about religion wasn't meant for brainwashing kids at school.

i think there should be one religion and that is to help ones who are in distress so that they can lead a decent living ....i was inspired to think this way after i read about the success stories of the Joy Of Giving Week wherein people from all backgrounds come forward and help the poor in whatever ways they can

The religious Studies we have at our school, it's all opinionated, you can believe what you want :)
      We have debates over the exsistance of God, proof or not, e.t.c, it can be quite fun :)
      [RIGHT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIZE=4]I love. My girls. <333[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]<3 Anna <3
      [/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]

Ok well, I think that Religion should be taught in schools because it is always good to educate people about other peoples culture, it opens your eyes to the world and it gives you a deeper understanding of how you should behave around people of different cultures to your own.
      However, I do agree that it should be taught fairly and give the facts rather than a different take on the facts. It is education at the end of the day.
      Personally I do not believe in any religion, afterlife or whatever. But I'm glad that i have learn about other Religions and other cultures due to having a lot of friends from many different backgrounds.