Guys, do you hate your girlfriend's best friend?

• Re: Guys, do you hate your girlfriend's best friend?

I don't exactly have girlfriends, but my in highschool when my boyfriend and I first started dating I could not stand his best friend. She was just a bitch, and I was never good enough for sean. She did everything in her power to break us apart. They still talk, but thankfully nothing like they used to.

ivaiva wrote:

It would be extremly bad if he would hate my best friend, I'm not sure how that would go on. And I think he would be collateral damage.
      You just can't hate your GF's friends, it's unnatural.

Thats exactly why I kept my mouth shut most of the time about my BF's bestie. It would just cause problems.

Well, I never really had an issue with my girlfriend's besties... they always loved me. Or I am friends with them to begin with. However, once I break up with them.. that is a whole new story. They turn into uber bitches.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

1. Never hate your attractive-mates best friend. They are vital to your success. If they do not like you, then your relationship will most likely fail. Will Smith, Hitch, explains this quite well in the film Hitch.
      2. While you might get jealous of them spending grande amounts of time with your partner, never put the word hate and them in the same sentence.
      3. Learn to be around them, learn why that person happens to be their best friend. These will give you keys as how to improve your relationship with your partner.

ComplicatedMind wrote:

1. Never hate your attractive-mates best friend. They are vital to your success. If they do not like you, then your relationship will most likely fail. Will Smith, Hitch, explains this quite well in the film Hitch.
      2. While you might get jealous of them spending grande amounts of time with your partner, never put the word hate and them in the same sentence.
      3. Learn to be around them, learn why that person happens to be their best friend. These will give you keys as how to improve your relationship with your partner.

Totally agree!
      And if you fucked up something with your partner, or something goes wrong, if her friends hate you then it's over, you are doomed. If her friends like you they may try to help you two go back together again (you may even call them, talk to them, ask them to talk to your GF, ask for advice etc).

My best friend's (now ex) boyfriend disliked me when I was around her. He was far too possessive of her and I obviously wasn't going to let him take her away from me since
      a) Me and her are FAMILY
      b) I knew her for.. well... see the whole 'family' thing.
      I didn't mind them being together. But I disliked when he told her she couldn't come travelling with me because he wasn't going to be there. When we'd planned it all since before she'd met him.
      He also had a problem with me walking with her when he was there, he'd always make her slow down or speed up so that I'd be forced to stay away.
      Thank goodness they're over, he didn't deserve her, nor did he treat her properly and now I have reign over physical harm I can bring to him. :p
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

My Best friends liked(and still like) my first boy friend, they were trying to convince me that he's the right one for me even until now that he already has a responsibility coz he got his recent gf pregnant. I know they're just teasing me though. But yeah! they like him. I don't like him anymore though, that was so 5 years ago. :)

I like my best friend's boyfriend. He's really nice and he's not fussed about us being around her :) And everytime he's around, we don't mind as well since we just super get along well. :)

My other best friend's bf is a bit douchey (imho) we accepted him though and tried to get along with him. We've found out that he's really a douche so yeah we're glad she broke up with him (it was her personal choice, we've never said a thing to cause the break up) :)

my other best friend is as single as I am. hehe
      <3

haha well its definitely a love-hate relationship between my bestfriend and my boyfriend. In his opinion, we are complete opposites and she is controlling and a bad influence on me.
      it sucks, but at least they get along when they're around me.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]&#9829;You turn the ocean tide,
      You shake me up inside.&#9829;[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]