So what exactly do I say??

• So what exactly do I say??

So after 2 years, moving to a new country, and 4 EXTREMELY confusing situations with girls (none of which worked out in my favour) I like this girl who I have a pretty good chance with. We are friends but not in the 'friend zone' (not that I think the 'friend zone' makes much difference). I asked my best friend to talk to her, she said that this girl thinks that she might like me but that she's still thinking about it.
      So I am planning on talking to her pretty soon and just telling her how I feel. So if it does turn out that she feels the same way, what should I do? I mean I'll probably ask her out obviously, but what exactly do I say?? I really don't have much experience with this kind of stuff. I have no idea what I said to my ex when I asked her out a couple of years ago. To me, "do you want to see X movie?" sounds kind of vague not really "I like you, do you want to go out with me?" That also seems kind of blunt as I'm sure there are more original ways to ask her...
      Thanks a lot,
      J
    • Re: So what exactly do I say??

If you ask her to go to the movies with you, I can promise you that she won't take it as you wanting her to be your girlfriend. You have to be blunt about it, and straight up ask her to be your girlfriend.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

If you ask her to go to the movies with you, I can promise you that she won't take it as you wanting her to be your girlfriend. You have to be blunt about it, and straight up ask her to be your girlfriend.

I know :p okay so just something like, "So I really like you, and was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend..." Obviously a bit more thought put into it..

jon93971 wrote:

I know :p okay so just something like, "So I really like you, and was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend..." Obviously a bit more thought put into it..

That works :)

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling