Felt pretty left out and sad.

• Felt pretty left out and sad.

I started Drivers Ed. It is 2 hours a day monday-thurs. I am in there for 3 weeks. I honetly try to get in conversations in there. This one dude is really cool, but he's leaving monday. Also, a shit load of people last day was today, including a hot cheerleader I never got to talk to. As the whole class was exchanging numbers and facebooks, I was left out. Then when they had a picture together (I don't know if it was the whole class.) I walked to my car and left as they said there goodbyes. I will never get the chance to talk to any of them again although I did have small conversations with alot of them. I was overwhelmed with sadness and felt like I screwed up for not talking enough, which probley is the case.
    • Re: Felt pretty left out and sad.

Hey Mike, I know what you are feeling buddy.
      I had this happen to me whenever I met people. Whether it was school, the mall, or even drivers ed for me..
      It's tough. I'm very shy, and have anxiety but I can still talk to people. It's almost like I don't want to but I really want to..
      You know what I mean? I feel really left out as well man. The only time I feel in place is when I am at the Fire Dept and Police Dept. You just got to try to open up and just be yourself you know?
      You sound like a cool guy so don't be afraid to ask people to keep in touch or what not. If you ever want to chat just throw me a message man. I am in the same boat where you are but it will all level out.
      Best of luck, man.
      -Cody

Mike SixZero wrote:

I started Drivers Ed. It is 2 hours a day monday-thurs. I am in there for 3 weeks. I honetly try to get in conversations in there. This one dude is really cool, but he's leaving monday. Also, a shit load of people last day was today, including a hot cheerleader I never got to talk to. As the whole class was exchanging numbers and facebooks, I was left out. Then when they had a picture together (I don't know if it was the whole class.) I walked to my car and left as they said there goodbyes. I will never get the chance to talk to any of them again although I did have small conversations with alot of them. I was overwhelmed with sadness and felt like I screwed up for not talking enough, which probley is the case.

Well to be fair, it's probably better this way - when I go to the french equivelent of this I'd much rather be left alone to learn and understand without distractions.

You're there so you don't kill someone whilst driving on the roads, not to make friends.

I know that feeling :(

Don't worry about it, chances are you'll meet new, much more interesting people in the future :D. Since you're not attached to these people you won't have to worry about missing them. On the other hand, if you wish to be social to these people, send one of them a friend request on Facebook and talk to them, it's easier on the computer than it is in person, and since they know you from school they probably won't be all "why is this guy talking to me?"
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]♥[/SIZE][SIZE=3]♠[/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]♣[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]♦[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]♦[/SIZE][SIZE=2]♣[/SIZE]♠[/SIZE][SIZE=4]♥[/SIZE]

Nick and Kris on Skype. wrote:

[7:16:21 PM] Nick: kris, i'm martha stewart.
      [7:18:37 PM] Kris: oh really? lol
      [7:18:43 PM] Kris: how was prison?
      [7:18:47 PM] Nick: hot.
      [/CENTER]

I know that feeling a little bit too well. I have no siblings and none of my friends have the same interest as me. For example, I play field hockey on Olympic development, and all of the friends I have that play aren't at that level. So, I go everywhere alone. I go not knowing anyone. For awhile I would just sit and keep to myself as an outsider looking in. I always wished that I was as close as the other girls. But then I realized, I can be. So I started to have conversations with people at camps and stuff and now I have friends all over the country. So just try to have little conversations with people and take it from there.
      [CENTER]Because you believed in me, I believed in myself and because I believed in myself I did what I thought was impossible.
      [/CENTER]

My closest group of friends consists of me, two girls, and 2 guys. we hang out a lot and yeaah. so recently my best friend and one of those guys started going out, and i was taking it pretty fine, but now the other girl and guy are going to be together, and i feel kind of weird. We're going bowling on saturday, but i dont really want to go now.
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [size=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/size]