what to do

• ok well this isnt about suicide or anything just depression... ok so my fiance just got sent out out(he is in the marines)i wont be able to see hom for 4 months at the least.... and we have never been away from each other this long i know that if we truly love each other this will only make everything stronger... but this is the first time i have to go thu this so im really freaking out cuz i dont know wat to do.... i mean i know im just probably over reacting... i mean its weird cuz i can barley eat even when i am hungary ad my nerves are like totaly shot rite now......
      thank u to any1 who took the time to listen to me babale out something so small....
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      I'll be waiting wen u get back .♥Semper♥.♥Fidelis♥.
    • Re: what to do

Ju♥Ju wrote:

ok well this isnt about suicide or anything just depression... ok so my fiance just got sent out out(he is in the marines)i wont be able to see hom for 4 months at the least.... and we have never been away from each other this long i know that if we truly love each other this will only make everything stronger... but this is the first time i have to go thu this so im really freaking out cuz i dont know wat to do.... i mean i know im just probably over reacting... i mean its weird cuz i can barley eat even when i am hungary ad my nerves are like totaly shot rite now......
      thank u to any1 who took the time to listen to me babale out something so small....

It's normal for you to be experiencing some anxiety and lack of appetite. Just try to keep your thoughts positive and know that eventually your man will return to you. Try to occupy your thoughts with something other than your fiance being gone and anything related to the marines. Watch movies, TV shows, play a few games, listen to music, go out with friends, plan your future, make retirement plans. As for the food, you'll eventually get hungry and you'll eat. Go out and treat yourself to something delicious. If the anxiety gets too bad and intrusive you could go to a physician, explain the situation and ask for something to calm your nerves.

My boyfriend was in the Army, and when he was at BT I didn't get to see him for 3 months, I know how you feel. I'm not going to lie and sugarcoat it for you, the first month sucks. Its hard to get used to him not being there. Do you guys still get to talk on the phone or send emails? Then theres always the option of snail mail. It may take a while, but its always a thrill when you get a letter. You can spice them up too, thats what I did ;). After that first month of him being gone, I'm not saying you forget about him being gone, but it does get easier. You learn how to cope and deal better with it, and you learn to find more things to entertain yourself. In a way, its a nice learning experience. You learn a lot about yourself, your levels of patience, those kinds of things. My main piece of advice is never leave your phone anywhere, missing a call from him is the absolute worse, especially because you probably can't call back. If he does get the chance to call, it'll be at a weird random time right when you're feeling lonely (somehow they always manage to time it during that time, it must be guy intuition or something.) I suggest you try going out with your friends to try to keep occupied, take some yoga at a gym, try re-decorating your room, things like that to keep your mind off of your fiance. When he gets home, things will be intensified, and you'll never want to let go of him. Just try to keep yourself occupied with thoughts of him coming home, rather then him being gone. Also, try making yourself a calendar, and everyday cross off a day hes been gone, or if you know the day he comes home, replace it with that. It might seem stupid and insignificant at first, but you start to look back and realize what you've accomplished so far and its a good feeling.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

well it has been 2 weeks from today that he left for basic.... now i have 12 more to go...

:drink:.... this sounds good ritte about now hahahhaha.... it is hard for me because know i will see him next because i leave here in about 4-5 weeks to go to basic in tx... then from there i go to germany.... so its a little stressful!!...
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ju♥Ju wrote:

well it has been 2 weeks from today that he left for basic.... now i have 12 more to go...

:drink:.... this sounds good ritte about now hahahhaha.... it is hard for me because know i will see him next because i leave here in about 4-5 weeks to go to basic in tx... then from there i go to germany.... so its a little stressful!!...

Think of it this way: 12 weeks from now you'll not even remember this anxiety and worry.

All the best though. Stress can be difficult sometimes, but when things work out the weight on your shoulders is lifted and it feels amazing.

Malevolent wrote:

Think of it this way: 12 weeks from now you'll not even remember this anxiety and worry.

All the best though. Stress can be difficult sometimes, but when things work out the weight on your shoulders is lifted and it feels amazing.

YA im trying to hang in there... i know the 12 weeks will go by fast.. its just not knowing wen i will see hm again because i leave too.... so that adds to all my stresses.... o well i guess its the life we chose and i guess theres no backing out now:):blush:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

its actually gotten way better!!!!! its been a month and his mom is paying for me to og out and see him graduate boot so ya thisngs are starting to definately get better.. and i dnt leave this month i dont leave till september so there is time for us too hehe
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]