Best way to get over a girl?

• Best way to get over a girl?

So, about a month ago I finally got the courage to ask out one of my female friends. I had been debating it since february, but I finally cobbled together a little plan and went to meet her at lunch. I walk in and what to I see? Her cuddled up in the arms of another guy. He had asked her out that same day.

There is a billion and one reasons why this hurt me, not least that the entire school seems convinced she would have said yes had I asked her out the week before. But the important thing is, their relationship is driving me insane and I need a way to stop having feelings towards her.

I have experience with this kind of thing, usually. But this is complicated by a few things.

• I can't stop talking to her, ignore her, or forget her for any period of time. It would hurt her as much as me. I've tried; after two days she demanded an explanation.
      • She has a tendency to latch on to me, hug me, or use me as a pillow at any given opportunity where her boyfriend is not around.
      • Her boyfriend is a complete and total asshole (Legitimately. He's lying to her; hiding smoking, drug use, and theft.) She's going to find out, she's going to be insanely hurt, and I'm going to be expected to be there for her as a friend.

When a girl you love (Yes, I'm a teen using the L-word.) cuddles into your arm and tells you how important you are, it's almost impossible to stop having feelings for her. And I don't know what option I have. I'm going more and more insane with each passing day. Please, teenhut, tell me what I can do.

A friend of mine has suggested confessing to her, not as an attempt to break her and her boyfriend apart (Though for her sake, someone should before its too late), but sort of as a way to gain closure and move on. But I cannot see anything but bad come out of this. Does anyone here have any experience doing this?
    • Re: Best way to get over a girl?

It seems like shes toying with your emotions right now, and that definitely isn't going to help you get over her. Right now, I think you should just briefly explain to her what you told us about her boyfriend, without really getting into details. Then if it comes down to it and she asks why you didn't warn her, you can say that you did, she just didn't listen. After that, it might be best for you if you try to steer clear of her for a little bit. You need time to heal, and get over her. If she latches on to you, just try to wiggle your way out and seem distant.

Try to distract yourself with other things, to help keep your mind off of her. Try hanging out with friends, going to parties if thats an option, maybe even pick up a new hobby or sport. Just anything to keep busy. The worst thing is when you're not doing anything, it gives your mind time to wander.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling
    • Re: Best way to get over a girl?

I think that honesty is the best policy here. Let her know that you have feelings for her and you need a little space from her because its hard when she's always so close to you. Assure her that you still want to be friends and you're still there for her but it's easier if you keep your distance abit whilst she has a boyfriend.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]