Trying to ask a desperate girl out.

• Trying to ask a desperate girl out.

I know the girl I like is desperate for a boyfriend, just I'm having some trouble getting close to her. She's on my swim team.

5 weeks ago, her crush asked her out. He, in my opinion, was a complete a-hole for doing it cuz he knew me, and another person on my team liked her too, and he didn't even like her until he found out she was desperate for him. So I remained liking her throughout their relationship. Last week they broke up, and I'm pretty sure the other guy on my team who liked her too is still liking her, and we're chill about it. I could ask her out except she thinks I'm annoying because I mess her up during practice because I sometimes do the wrong thing. I'm perfectly fine with her when we aren't practicing, but that time is very limitted. I also am horrible at talking over Facebook. I always say something stupid. Recently I texted her and she didn't respond... Which was odd because she responds to EVERYTHING I send her (and yes, she knew I liked her). I'm not sure if she knows I like her now.

There are only 2 boys in the group who would actually go out with her. Me and my friend who also likes her. Since she is homeschooled, she never sees any other boys besides us and her ex.

What do I need? I need advice on how to spend more time with her. Also, I need to figure out if I should stay in her lane and talk to her during practice (shes okay with it) and risk messing up the workout amd annoying her, or go in a different lane and allow my friend to talk to her.

Thanks
    • Re: Trying to ask a desperate girl out.

Honestly.. This is just my opinion, but it doesn't seem like you have a very solid reason for asking her out, and it doesn't seem as if shes giving you any signals back..

I feel like one of the main reasons you want to ask her out, is because shes desperate for a boyfriend, and you're willing to play that role. If she thinks you're annoying, you guys haven't ever really talked, and you guys haven't been talking that much, I think maybe you should wait to ask her out until you get to know her better.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

No... I think I worded this wrong. I have talked to her and we always talk over Facebook. I always text her and we're friends (not in the friend zone though). The problem is just that I always seem to mess her up while we're swimming, and things get akward fast. I don't think non-swimmers will understand this as well. She doesn't exactly think I'm annoying, she just gets annoyed when I mess up what we're doing in the water. No, I am not annoying out of the water and we always talk, irs just that now she thinks I'm an idiot. I just have problems listening to what the instructions are because my coach talks softly. It's natural for most people to mess up as much as I do, but just because we swim in the same lane our relationship is a bit stressed.

And no, I'm not just asking her out because she's desperate. She isn't even too much more desperate than most girls. She's just looking for a boy who will take her seriously, and I'm trying to prove that.

She's a wonderful girl, and I do really like her, it's just our environment isn't exactly fitting for a relationship.

Jungletoe wrote:

No... I think I worded this wrong. I have talked to her and we always talk over Facebook. I always text her and we're friends (not in the friend zone though). The problem is just that I always seem to mess her up while we're swimming, and things get akward fast. I don't think non-swimmers will understand this as well. She doesn't exactly think I'm annoying, she just gets annoyed when I mess up what we're doing in the water. No, I am not annoying out of the water and we always talk, irs just that now she thinks I'm an idiot. I just have problems listening to what the instructions are because my coach talks softly. It's natural for most people to mess up as much as I do, but just because we swim in the same lane our relationship is a bit stressed.

And no, I'm not just asking her out because she's desperate. She isn't even too much more desperate than most girls. She's just looking for a boy who will take her seriously, and I'm trying to prove that.

She's a wonderful girl, and I do really like her, it's just our environment isn't exactly fitting for a relationship.

A swimming coach that doesn't yell? I've never met one myself.

Perhaps leave swimming in the pool, and pursue the relationship on dry land?

Haha... Well I'm not desperate, but I am looking for the same type of person she is.

I am trying to pursue the relationship above water, its just the relations in the water are negetively me.

My coach does yell btw, but not when giving instructions :rolleyes:

I hope I'm not coming off as some nerd thats desperate, emotional, yada yada yada, but I'm not.

Honestly, a girl who would go out with you because she is desperate is not good news....

She might accept to go out with you untill she finds someone else....wats great in that?

Their are many fish in the sea...and at least someone you can meet freaquently is much better.

Thats my opinion anyway....