Girl's throwing my mind into turmoil...

• Girl's throwing my mind into turmoil...

Alright so there's this REALLY complicated situation with this girl and I and it's really screwing with my mind.

We were pretty "close" for a couple months, but then just around last week, things started to get HORRIBLE. We just stopped talking and interacting, and we would just avoid each other and never be near each other. Occasionally I would initiate the conversation but then she'd immediately shut me down with one word answers or just walk away or ignore me. On MSN, she would only respond with one word answers and refuse to initiate the conversation. And the problem is, I don't think that I did anything serious or said anything horrible, but perhaps it's just a personal issue?

All in all, it's been breaking my heart because I really like this girl. From my perspective, it seems like she's started to hate me, and I think it's because I flirt around with many other girls, but I want to convey the message that I think that she is absolutely beautiful and the greatest person in the world. All her friends tell me that she's just going through a rough time, but she seems to be depressed but also talking to all of these other guys, except me.

There's this one guy who has a girlfriend who has started sitting beside her in class, and although he is a natural flirter, the girl that I like seems to always be staring at him whenever he does anything, and he is known throughout school as one of the most attractive guys. It's really bothering me and causing me bouts of depression at home and at school, basically everywhere.

If her depression issue is the key, then I'd like to know any advice, anything that could cheer her up because I really do want her to be happy. That's my main goal, because ultimately, when she's sad, I'm sad. I also want to know everyone else's interpretation of this situation, because honestly, I don't even know what's going on, I just know that I'm really depressed and that she's not talking to me.

Perhaps I just need to man up and tell her my feelings? But the only reason that I haven't done that is because I wanted it to be at a perfect time. Now all my friends are pressuring me to just do it, but I really don't want to rush it and make it have no meaning. I was gonna wait til after exams, but it seems to long of a wait, and honestly, this is bothering me SO MUCH right now. I can't even explain it...there just seems to be this pit in my heart and I honestly can't think of anything else other than her and what to do. I fear that my depression is not helping her situation, but honestly I can't dig myself out of this pit and attempt to be positive with her. Everytime she sees me she ignores me, yet talks to all of these other guys and flirts with them, touching them and everything.

Sorry, I just really had to get this out. I'm just feeling really screwed up right now...and I just want her to be happy.
    • Re: Girl's throwing my mind into turmoil...

I think that the only thing that you can do is just talk to her about it. Ask her what's wrong, and tell her somewhat of how getting ignored makes you feel. Don't over do it by telling her all of your inner feelings, because it would not end well. If talking to her cheers her up, then slowly reveal your feelings for her. Make sure you do something quickly though, cause time is of the essence. Feel free to keep me posted, and also ask me any questions you have.

Thanks, this is just really screwing with me. I can't really do anything anymore, and all my grades and sports are dropping.

I'm really afraid that I missed out on the opportunity because we really were very close a couple months ago, and I'm afraid that this is her way of telling me that I missed out on the opportunity. Did I miss out? Do I still have a chance? As I said before, I really don't want to rush it so that it doesn't mean anything, because I want it to show her my true feelings.

Ready wrote:

Thanks, this is just really screwing with me. I can't really do anything anymore, and all my grades and sports are dropping.

I'm really afraid that I missed out on the opportunity because we really were very close a couple months ago, and I'm afraid that this is her way of telling me that I missed out on the opportunity. Did I miss out? Do I still have a chance? As I said before, I really don't want to rush it so that it doesn't mean anything, because I want it to show her my true feelings.

You know, I really don't know what is going through her head. I don't think that she is doing it because you didn't make a move. But that's just my opinion. If she is going through a rough time, than emoting all over her won't really help. Like I said before, you need to talk to her and see what's wrong. It could be a lot of things causing her behaivor, but any guess would be inaccurate, and therefore it doesn't seem appropriate to make one.

Hey, these girls are too complicated for us guys....her actions could meen alot of things but the way you are describing it could mean that she is doing this on purpose in order to teach get your attention....

You were close friends, and you were flirting with other gals which pissed her off....now she is not talking to you and flirting with other guys and thats got you crazy.....ie she's doing a great job in catching your attention.....

I would go to her, ask her if you did anything to piss her off...and start from there....

Most probably she just wants you to grow some balls (no offense intended) and tell her how you feel before any more time is waisted. Just go up to her and be honest...there is nothing better than this.

Waiting for the right time is just an excuse...i once tried to wait for the right time, but it never seemed to be the right time....just take a deep breath and go for it....however dont bombard her with all your feelings, just tell her slowly how important she is to you and go with the flow....

I hope this could help you in any way....and i hope everything turns out the way you wish...Good luck and keep storng.