It's kind of like I am talking to myself when I talk to girls

• It's kind of like I am talking to myself when I talk to girls

Usually when I go and talk to girls they are a brick wall when it comes to conversation. I think it's what I say and they are "too nice" to tell me to go away. I used to go up to random girls and say hi but then I quickly learned that was kind of awkward and never works. So I just played everything casually and when I was talking to someone I would just talk. I'd ask basic personal questions and try to find an even ground. But even if I do find an even ground they just expect me to talk for them.

I'm a decent looking guy and I sound alright I do not understand the issue I am having. This doesn't affect anyone else I know so I know it is probably something I am doing.

I would ask if they are around from here and if they aren't I'd ask what they are doing here and where they are initially from. If they are from around here I wouldn't ask where they live because well that's not very nice.

As I said before, I try to find an even ground hobby wise. Although what I do on my spare time is that I play video games I try to find something that's not so niche. Like owning a dog.

I am 18 and I am male I would appreciate some insight into the matter.
    • Re: It's kind of like I am talking to myself when I talk to girls

hmm this is interesting because ive been in your situation before, but I never quite figured it out either, exept the girls just plain wernt interested in me, yet when one was she would talk all the time too, so im not actually sure bud
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Girls automatically have this wall they put up as a screen out guys. They have to because they get hit on so much and told how pretty they look all the time.

In essence, it get's really old and boring for them because guys usually just say the same thing to them. "Oh, I'm pretty? Thanks, never heard that one before." They've been told their whole life they're pretty so they know it and use it.

So when you want to start a conversation with a girl you don't know, you have to get past this wall. You can't say the same boring BS to them because it'll just bounce off the wall and they'll ignore you. Small talk, asking where they're from and other questions like that are all boring. You have to stand out from the crowd

Unfortunately, there's no real easy way to do it and it takes a lot of practice. I'm not going to go much into neg hits or cocky funny and all those other routines. Essentially, you just want to tease them a little. Tell her her poof looks like cameron diaz's from something about mary, or you could hear her bracelets rattling from across the room.

This is more interesting to girls because you're not doing the same, boring stuff that immediately turns them off. They'll respond to you because you're different and you're not immediately worshiping her. It communicates to her that you see yourself as an equal and you are confident enough to act like that towards her. Never take it so far as to sound malicious. You both should be having fun and if you're doing it right, most girls will laugh a lot.

A lot of people say you shouldn't play games and whatever when meeting people. The whole thing is a game; it's not supposed to be serious. It's supposed to be fun. The other thing is I love it when girls say "I'd never fall for that stuff." My girlfriend said that just the other day when we were talking about some other friends that just started going out. I told her she already did 4 years ago when we first met :wink:
      How To Get Clear Skin Natural/Home Remedies

Ripped Biceps Beginning/Intermediate Workouts & Diet Plans

ChainOfCommand wrote:

Usually when I go and talk to girls they are a brick wall when it comes to conversation. I think it's what I say and they are "too nice" to tell me to go away.

I guess this means they are a good listener.

ChainOfCommand wrote:

I used to go up to random girls and say hi but then I quickly learned that was kind of awkward and never works.

Right, because, they expect you to be able to find something to talk about. After you say hi and she says hi, you have to then say something. They don't view it as they must be the 1 to continue a conversation after they replied back a hi.

ChainOfCommand wrote:

So I just played everything casually and when I was talking to someone I would just talk. I'd ask basic personal questions and try to find an even ground. But even if I do find an even ground they just expect me to talk for them.

This is probably dumb, but, do you actually know they are single? Or just assume they are. (Or hope it makes no diffference.).

ChainOfCommand wrote:

I'm a decent looking guy and I sound alright I do not understand the issue I am having. This doesn't affect anyone else I know so I know it is probably something I am doing.

Looks won't matter as much as how popular you are - that is, the oftenness that you are never seen "by yourself."

ChainOfCommand wrote:

I would ask if they are around from here and if they aren't I'd ask what they are doing here and where they are initially from. If they are from around here I wouldn't ask where they live because well that's not very nice.

You know, autistic people have a trait of lack of reciprocity of conversation. I suppose another category are bitches and the like.

ChainOfCommand wrote:

As I said before, I try to find an even ground hobby wise. Although what I do on my spare time is that I play video games I try to find something that's not so niche. Like owning a dog.

I am 18 and I am male I would appreciate some insight into the matter.

You know what matters most when having a non-gender discriminated conversation with a female? Relevance. 100% of what I say to females is relevant. If I don't have anything to say, then I don't say anything. This is what it is called, the art of not saying anything if you don't got anything to say.

If you continue to approach these girls, coming up with totally different personalities each time (laughter, flirting, humor, logic), they'll eventually perceive you as desperate and trying too hard. For some cases, it works.

No female has yet refuted the claim "females are made of thick ice," or "females are incredibly insecure."
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neal ().

Knock em down a few pegs, make some mild joke at her expense, tell her she'd look better with this rather than that, whatever, you have to knock her off her high horse, you need an ice breaker though and for that to work properly you need to be on common ground, hence approaching a girl in the street is doomed to failure UNLESS your both drunk in which case the rules are totally rewritten :)

don't even ever insult a girl. that's gonna get you nowhere. all it may get you is a slap in the face.

if you feel like there's a wall, you're probably trying to talk to the wrong kind of girls. Look for one that may be a bit quieter. if she smiles at you, that means that she wants to talk to you. read body language. Pay attention to what she's wearing. this may sound rediculous but girls like to wear their personalities. if she's wearing a band shirt, bets are that she likes that band. instant convo starter. instead of walking up and just saying "hi" which can be akward, make a remark like "Nice shirt. Have you ever seen them live?" even if you don't listen to them, that'll be an opening for her to tell you about it.
      - Team Jacob
      don't forget to rep your favorite jacob loving member!:D
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

team jacob wrote:

don't even ever insult a girl. that's gonna get you nowhere. all it may get you is a slap in the face.

if you feel like there's a wall, you're probably trying to talk to the wrong kind of girls. Look for one that may be a bit quieter. if she smiles at you, that means that she wants to talk to you. read body language. Pay attention to what she's wearing. this may sound rediculous but girls like to wear their personalities. if she's wearing a band shirt, bets are that she likes that band. instant convo starter. instead of walking up and just saying "hi" which can be akward, make a remark like "Nice shirt. Have you ever seen them live?" even if you don't listen to them, that'll be an opening for her to tell you about it.

yeah thats some solid advise :)
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]