Crush on friend's dad..PLEASE help?

• Crush on friend's dad..PLEASE help?

Here's the situation. I'm 19 & I have a huge crush on my friend's 42 year old dad. I've always been kind of interested in him, but last weekend was the most time I've ever spent w/ him & it was probably 2 hours at their house. I think he might realize my attraction to him as I can hardly make eye contact w/ him & I blush around him. I also think he might be attracted to me too, because I've caught him staring at me several times & trying to meet my eyes & he smiles at me often. He's very quiet, so he doesn't verbally flirt much. However, my friend told me that before her parents got together, her dad used to stare at her mom often.

I can't pursue this because obviously he's married & my friend's father. My friend's mom is also a 2nd mom to me, so it really would not look good to do something about these feelings.What should I do about this crush? And chances are I'm going to be seeing him a lot this summer, as my friend has made plans already for me & our other close friends to hang out practically every week. We plan on going to the pool & I'm unsure about wearing a bathing suit in front of her dad.

I wanted to mention a few things. I can't TOTALLY put myself in her shoes, as my dad passed away years ago. Secondly, I don't like guys my age & I hardly like guys under the age of 25. I clearly have daddy issues, as you can see. Thirdly, I need mention I have a high sexual attraction to this man as well & him wearing a wifebeater & basketball shorts around me doesn't help much either.
  • Re: Crush on friend's dad..PLEASE help?

its basically cause you dont have a father figure around anymore(Sorry to hear that )..and yeahh...if her mother is like a second mother to you..then you know you wont be doing good if you flirt around with her dad..or whatever..i think you should probably divert your mind..and try to see him as a father figure..m sure it would help !!
    [FONT="Lucida Console"][COLOR="Navy"][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]Remember The Name :D[/SIZE][/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

shankz_kewl_zombie wrote:

its basically cause you dont have a father figure around anymore(Sorry to hear that )..and yeahh...if her mother is like a second mother to you..then you know you wont be doing good if you flirt around with her dad..or whatever..i think you should probably divert your mind..and try to see him as a father figure..m sure it would help !!

^ I totally agree.

w3bmaster wrote:

Another hore in becoming so sad

Get a BF wich is your age and get your shit togheder or you will probably end up in a strip bar ...

How is that helpful in any way? :confused: Anyway these guys kind of have it I would suggest just looking for someone your own age and just avoid her dad b/c if something were to happen the consequences would be devasting. (losing a friend, being labeled a whore, and possibly ruining a family).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bros B4 Ho's (Unless they're hot)
    Go Jesus. Thats right i said it.

Im am in similar situation same age and concept Im moving at the end of june and my best friend invited me to her graduation cook out hosted by her dad ; I love her 2 death and never would want to hurt her but thing is at the party she will have her boyfriend and be all wrapped up and I will be alone somewhat and Im attracted to her father and feel bad for it never tried to flirt but always stares. what should I do go and avoid him I don't want to be rude.

LostNU1991 wrote:

Here's the situation. I'm 19 & I have a huge crush on my friend's 42 year old dad. I've always been kind of interested in him, but last weekend was the most time I've ever spent w/ him & it was probably 2 hours at their house. I think he might realize my attraction to him as I can hardly make eye contact w/ him & I blush around him. I also think he might be attracted to me too, because I've caught him staring at me several times & trying to meet my eyes & he smiles at me often. He's very quiet, so he doesn't verbally flirt much. However, my friend told me that before her parents got together, her dad used to stare at her mom often.

I can't pursue this because obviously he's married & my friend's father. My friend's mom is also a 2nd mom to me, so it really would not look good to do something about these feelings.What should I do about this crush? And chances are I'm going to be seeing him a lot this summer, as my friend has made plans already for me & our other close friends to hang out practically every week. We plan on going to the pool & I'm unsure about wearing a bathing suit in front of her dad.

I wanted to mention a few things. I can't TOTALLY put myself in her shoes, as my dad passed away years ago. Secondly, I don't like guys my age & I hardly like guys under the age of 25. I clearly have daddy issues, as you can see. Thirdly, I need mention I have a high sexual attraction to this man as well & him wearing a wifebeater & basketball shorts around me doesn't help much either.

Look, this is not completly unusual, but it is a temptation you will have to ignor. We need to be strong in life, so that when these (crazy) urges come upon us we can decide logically whether or not to act on them. Yes, people often say follow your heart, but you must also follow your brain. I'm pretty sure your logic is telling you not to go after your friends dad. Also, I don't think that he interested in you at all. If you are attractive, then it's very common for men of all ages to stare a little. Running from your problem would also likely make it worse, and you might end up in a much worse situation. You will need to face your temptations, and be strong and resist them. You can defeat this, and maybe talking to someone about it could help. I don't recommend profession help or anything, just someone you trust. I also would not recommend letting your friend or her family know. As for not wanting to be with guys under 25, thats allright, most guys are immature before this point, and it's fine to want mature guys. I would just recommend keeping to guys within about 10 years age difference.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out allright.

Don't go after him. He has a wife, he's your dad's friend and your WAY younger then him. Think about just for second, if you pursued this. What would happen if your dad found out? Or the man's wife? Your dad would not look at you the same way again, and you would have an enemy, a.k.a the wife. It's not worth it, it would screw up your life, big time.

w3bmaster wrote:

Another hore in becoming so sad

Get a BF wich is your age and get your shit togheder or you will probably end up in a strip bar ...

[FONT=&quot]cool english there son.:rofl:

And, yeah, its daddy issues by the sounds[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE=4] I Love You Cassie<3
    OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
    [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

"I wanted to mention a few things. I can't TOTALLY put myself in her shoes, as my dad passed away years ago. Secondly, I don't like guys my age & I hardly like guys under the age of 25. I clearly have daddy issues, as you can see. Thirdly, I need mention I have a high sexual attraction to this man as well & him wearing a wifebeater & basketball shorts around me doesn't help much either."

THAT EXPLAINS A LOT

You are what they call a girl with Daddy issues. Sorry bout that I just lost my father recentley but i have to be honest here. My initial impression was DAMN SLUTT... But i see theres a deeper problem here. You are seeking to fill that void in your life the wrong way. In many eyes what you are doing is sick and has very ill intention written all over it. For you to even consider this says lots about who you are as a person. Keep tampering in this and be ready for BACKFIRE
    [LEFT][SIZE=2]They Hate me cause I'm right.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  • LostNU1991 wrote:

Grow up. Hopefully you now realize it was just a crush. You don't act on every feeling you have. It was inappropriate and to even consider having an affair that would destroy an entire family is irresponsible. Maturity is putting feelings aside and doing what's right.
  • SarahP2008 wrote:

AshleighB wrote:

This thread is 14 years old
    The person who brought this thread back only made one post on the forum and he got banned already. I don't know why I find that amusing but I do.
    Banned for been over 19
    I’m not clumsy its just the floor hates me, the tables and chairs are bullies and the wall gets in the way