Belly fat

• Isn't it annoying? I just can't get rid of it and i already weigh like 9 stone so i can't really lose weight or I'm going to be even skinnier all around.

Could it be my diet cos i eat lots of meat/pasta with huge amounts of Pepsi, like maybe 4 litres in a week. But would drinking Pepsi or Coke "that excessively" affect it?

The post was edited 1 time, last by trixsta ().

• Re: Belly fat

Technically speaking, our bodies need no sugar, if it needs to get any sugar whatsoever it gets it by itself from protein most of the time.

1. Drop all sodas/soft drinks/whatever you want to call them. If you can't all at once, then do it in tiny steps.
      2. If the meat is not lean, then that could be a problem, though I have a huge problem with most lean meat, if the animal was fed grain. I would aim for not less than 85% lean hamburger. Preferably 90-95% lean.

Pasta should probably be eaten in proportion to other things you eat. Try to mix it up a little bit. Eat some chicken, tuna, salmon, or other meat along with a healthy and preferably whole grain/healthy carb.

And if you're looking for a sweetener, try Stevia, it's all-natural and has no side effects that I'm aware of.

I myself am trying to eat less sugar and more healthy fats, and it isn't easy as some people get fuller on fats rather than carbs, or sadly the other way around.

Edit: Oh, and get on a cardio routine. I either jog for 45 minutes on my treadmill, or walk at least an hour at least 5 days a week when I'm trying to maintain my weight. It doesn't have to be nonstop, but if you can handle it, 20 minutes of High intensity interval training has shown great fat loss effects, though I'm trying to gain weight right now.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chevy3232 ().

OK let me start off my telling you that you cannot simply lose weight on your stomach or any other specific body part for that matter. You can however put weight on in specific parts of the body (stomach on males and hips on women).

To begin with cut out the sugar, begin a healthy balanced diet, which includes fats, proteins and such. Do not go on a serious fat reducing diet.

Next you need to work out and begin to tone the muscles in your stomach and most importantly begin some cardio work. Running/jogging is amazingly good for you, as is swimming.

Over time, you will begin to lose fat and gain muscle, thus losing your flabby stomach.

Cheers for the advice, yeh started doing some martial arts which contains ALOTTT of cardio lol i do use weighted dumbbells like twice a week with different types of press ups, crunches etc.

Oh the meat that i eat is usually steak,lamb chops,pork,chicken.

And i know i can't cut soda out of my diet so I'm gonna just drink Pepsi max instead so i don't know if that will change anything but it says it's healthier lol

My abs are really fadey atm lol and only come out after exercise and then hide again later lol

The post was edited 1 time, last by trixsta ().

I'd start hitting the gym and building up some muscle. Increase the calories you take in for a couple of months so you can gain some hard muscle. Then go on a cut (reduce your calories and do cardio) i'd recoment High Intensity Intervall Training (sprinting for 1 min, jogging for 2 etc) You cannot gain muscle unless you have an excess of calories and plenty of protein.

Orange wrote:

I'd start hitting the gym and building up some muscle. Increase the calories you take in for a couple of months so you can gain some hard muscle. Then go on a cut (reduce your calories and do cardio) i'd recoment High Intensity Intervall Training (sprinting for 1 min, jogging for 2 etc) You cannot gain muscle unless you have an excess of calories and plenty of protein.

noobs to weight training can typically cut fat and gain muscle.

You weigh 57 kg (and apparently a skinnyfat 57, not even just skinny). You're gonna need to gain muscle to look "toned", otherwise you'll just look like you got out of a concentration camp once you cut the fat.

Besides, it pisses me off when people say "I don't want to risk gaining too much muscle". You need to put in effort to gain muscle, you don't just hit the gym one day and wake up the next morning looking like Ronnie Coleman, thinking "shit, I just wanted to look toned."

EDIT: And get yourself a decent weight program while you're at it. "Pushups and crunches" is severly neglecting the majority of your body, and all the pushing with no pulling is just a shoulder problem waiting to happen.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frosty ().

I have no idea what 9 stone is (I'm American) but the most painless way to lose weight is just to eat heathily. Since I hate excersising, that's what I stick to. Lotsa healthy stuff. Plus, I'm not like a normal Amercan teen-- I walk or bike everywhere.
      [SIZE=3]...Lass mich dein Geheimnis sein...[/SIZE]

yeah this is something i need help with too. im a little over weight and i seem to gain all my weight in my stomach. I play sports year round but it never seems to be enough. ive been trying to do crunches every night. i really want to lose 15 pounds before summer ends. any suggestions?:confused:
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]"Dreams are like stars...you may never touch them, but if you follow them, they will lead you to your destiny"[/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

Dreamin_About_Yu wrote:

yeah this is something i need help with too. im a little over weight and i seem to gain all my weight in my stomach. I play sports year round but it never seems to be enough. ive been trying to do crunches every night. i really want to lose 15 pounds before summer ends. any suggestions?:confused:

You can't spot reduce fat, so the crunches aren't really doing anything for your fat.

EDIT: In response to my reputation comment, no, I'm not wrong in saying beginners can typically gain muscle and cut body fat, and I would appreciate any arguments against me be made in the context of an actual post, not an anonymous rep comment.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frosty ().

First of all, to lose weight, the better way to start is to eat healthy food and watch for it carefully. For your belly fat, you have to know that you can't lose fat in a specific place as you want, it doesn't work like this. It'll go with all the exercises and you'll not lose weight only on your stomach. So, start by the food, but don't go on a serious strict diet, just balanced and healthy meals. Cut sugar as you can and try to eat most of the time good fats. Then, you should go on a cardio program to prepare and get in shape. Jogging, swimming, running, do sport a little bit it's really good for you. Next, you can add some exercises gradually to keep your shape. Other sports that you like and bodybuilding exercises. That way you would begin to lose weight but you would gain muscles too. It only depends of you, of your goodwill of doing it. If you start something, you should keep on and finish it.