I just don't get it

• I just don't get it

Okay. So this is kind of a rant, but it is also me wanting someone to talk to and opinions.
      My sisters boyfriend said something to her that hinted to them getting engaged. He said something like "we will be engaged soon." I wasn't there so I am going off of what she said. They have been together only a year and a half. They constantly fight, like everyday. They break up sometimes. He recently lied about wanting to make more commitment(move in together) when he did not want to. She went through the trouble of saving all of her money, almost signing a lease, and all that stuff. She constantly bitches, she lies about everything(she almost ruined my mom and mines relationship). And she doesn't want to get engaged. He's a highschool drop out(no ged either). And she doesn't have any dreams.

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and 3/4. He doesn't want to get engaged until everything is all settled down(he has a better job, we can afford a place, we can afford a wedding). I understand that point of view. But I wouldn't mind being engaged for a few years until that happens. I agree with not getting married until we can afford it, but I don't want to wait forever. I want to know he at least plans on being with me forever(not just words. I am so sick of just words). I don't even want a ring, I just want to be engaged. We hardly fight, we waited two and a half years before having sex. We are comfortable spending a lot of time together.

Am I just a bitch? How does someone who lies and doesn't want to get engaged, end up engaged? How is it that I am stuck feeling left out and unloved when I love this man with all of my heart and want to spend the rest of my life with him? It just isn't fair.
    • Re: I just don't get it

Be reasonable. Think of your age? teen forum so 13-19 is very young to be planning mariage. I hate to be the grim reaper here but the chances are my dear is that you will have many more bf's then this guy. Ok?? I know I'm wrong you guys are special blah blah deap in love blah blah ment to be togather. Think of it this way in 5 years when you guys are apart you will open your eyes up on this. Whats up with young girls being sold on commitment from the start? ease up my advice :) take it easy
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]They Hate me cause I'm right.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

The_Metal_Prince wrote:

^ That guy is either a troll, or somewhat mentally challenged.

People can do what they want. Me and my gf have been together for six months, and we want to move and and shit. Each to there own.

thanks, someone that kind of understands.
      and I agree about him trolling. After reading his other posts, he just strikes me as a heartless ass.

I love the both of you.

Some people don't want to hear anything negative but they ask for advice?
      Is that a fair request? No
      These people shouldnt start a thread...
      I am just being honest if it is to harsh for this forum im sure i will get the kick but untill then ill try and portray my opinions a little more happy happy joy joy for the children.

Hey Metal Prince... That you in the pic? Both of you are ugly...Shrimp on the BARBAyy
      I touched your belt
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]They Hate me cause I'm right.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

ok with your actual issue, with your sister, i think you need to understand that every relationship is different, and couples do fight, and no person cannot understand any relationship on the outside, and even if they are not right for each other as you say then you need for them to make their own mistakes and then hopefully they might see if they are not correct for each other, i think if you feel this strongly with this issue, then you need to talk to her about it, have a civil conversation with her and tell her how you feel, with your relationship, i think you just need to forget about it and dont let it affect your relationship, i dont think its a matter of him not being committed, he has been with you over two years, and if he waited 2 and a half years then that seems pretty committed to me, most guys just care about sex and if he was willing to wait that long then he must love you, can i ask how old both of you are? because i feel that even if ye get engaged and wait for a few years marriage can still be pretty scary for a guy, i feel that people should not rush into marriage, because people that do end up end up breaking up and getting divorced etc etc, i know i would not even consider marriage with my girlfriend who i am soo in love with until i was at least 25 maybe more, like ye do not need to be married to be committed to each other, if ye love each other thats all that matters, maybe try moving in together first and see how that goes??

thanks kopite. I'm just at a point in life where it is hard to believe in love. I do not have a clue why I would even want to get married. My parents are getting divorced. I do not understand how, but I am in love yet I do not believe in love. If that makes any sense. I do not see how you can just toss 20 years and your children down the drain, which is what it feels like.
      as far as age, my boyfriend is 19 and I am 18. I am graduating soon and moving out of town for college. We will still be close, but an hour one way is not great. I just think with waiting until I am out of school would be insane(i am going for my PhD, so I'll be in school for a while). I do not know if he will ever want to move that far. I guess I should somehow talk to him about how I am feeling, but I don't have a clue what to say without making him feel upset or mad. I do not want him to think it's his fault.

sexyXmonkey wrote:

thanks kopite. I'm just at a point in life where it is hard to believe in love. I do not have a clue why I would even want to get married. My parents are getting divorced. I do not understand how, but I am in love yet I do not believe in love. If that makes any sense. I do not see how you can just toss 20 years and your children down the drain, which is what it feels like.
      as far as age, my boyfriend is 19 and I am 18. I am graduating soon and moving out of town for college. We will still be close, but an hour one way is not great. I just think with waiting until I am out of school would be insane(i am going for my PhD, so I'll be in school for a while). I do not know if he will ever want to move that far. I guess I should somehow talk to him about how I am feeling, but I don't have a clue what to say without making him feel upset or mad. I do not want him to think it's his fault.

ahh that sucks about your parents and im sorry, as i said before people acn rush into marriage, now im not saying that your parents are, but some parents will wait until their children are adults to get a divorce, or maybe they just fell out of love with each other, its sad but it does happen, i do understand what you are saying about love, i guess at the end of the day all we can do is believe in what we have got and the relationships that has been put infront of each other.
      i think the both of you are way too young to be thinking about marriage, i reckon just enjoy what you have got now, you have the rest of your lives to be married, but you will only be young once, im not saying that you cant be still together, but just try and stay together, make sacrifices for each other, and i think if you did it could be a disaster especially if you are going for your phd, because that is going to take up soo much time, and money, and sleepless nights, one hour is not that big of a deal, me and my gf are two continents away from each other :p so i know what its like, but you will be able to see each other at weekends or something, you just need to work something out thats good for the both of you!! and the way i see it, is if things are meant to be then they will be, you dont know that your bf wont wait for you until you are out of college, you need to talk to him, and explain at the beginning of the conversation that these are just your feelings, nothing to do with him, because you obviously love him soo much, otherwise you would not have lasted this long!! i do hope things work out for you!! best of luck

Unknown Antics wrote:

Be reasonable. Think of your age? teen forum so 13-19 is very young to be planning mariage. I hate to be the grim reaper here but the chances are my dear is that you will have many more bf's then this guy. Ok?? I know I'm wrong you guys are special blah blah deap in love blah blah ment to be togather. Think of it this way in 5 years when you guys are apart you will open your eyes up on this. Whats up with young girls being sold on commitment from the start? ease up my advice :) take it easy

haha what?

He's not trolling, at least not here, he pointed out some very true things.

Lets be reasonable for a moment, not jumping into conclusions....

Maby he doesnt want to be engaged at the moment not because he doent love you, i mean you have been together for all that time and you dont fight that much, you both must be doing something right.

Some guys just take longer to make that step, its quite a scary step even if you are totally in love...Maby he just wants everything to be perfect for you, and so he would prefere to wait a little longer to that extent.....

Do you have to be engaged to feel loved? isnt his commitment to you (without being engaged) enough?

I would speak with him and tell him how you feel, sure why not, but dont try and force him into it, it might put alot of pressure and make him feel trapped.

Having a better job, not fighting as often, thoes are all good traits, but does it mean you have to get engaged?

Talk to him and see what happens from there....but again, dont try to force him into in, have a civilised conversation with him....

PS. dont try and follow your sisters relationship, just because they wanna get engaged does not mean you are both ready for it....take note of your own relationship without comparing....