Acne

• amando96 wrote:

get rid of soda, and junk food, drink A LOT of water, wash your face with a mild esfolianting cream wait a few weeks, it should start clearing

I'm doomed. :( I drink soda daily, I eat fast food daily, and I don't drink water often. :S I use some special medication, but it doesn't help much. Pimples seem to appear out of thin air honestly.

I was told toothpaste works, I don't know the truth behind it, but it might be worth a try.
  • About toothpaste, it will work overnight. I have tried it.
    But use it only when you need to! :)
    And make sure your skin is not too sensitive..or it'll just redden it up! ;(

Junk food has been out of the list for days now.
    No soda.
    Been trying to drink lot of water.

I use Himalaya Neem Face Wash and Nivea Men Whitening moisturizer..
    I was just using the former, but 2 days ago, I decided to use a moisturizer..and the combination started working! So, if your skin dries up after using any face wash, you definitely need a moisturizer! I used the face wash for weeks, and it didn't work! I even had a small breakout! But using moisturizer, it has shown results overnight!

Now the only thing that needs a long time is the scars..they say it will take months, maybe one year!

The post was edited 1 time, last by SimplePlan: sentence corrections.. ().

• A lot of the above suggestions are really good! Acne is more about inside of your body and has very little to do with your skin

That being said you can help with products around the home. I usually suggest people use baking soda when they wake up-just mix some with a little water, gently massage and then rinse off. This get's rid of dead skin and oil. Then use raw-unprocessed honey and let it sit for about 10 minutes. This helps deal with bacteria and also moisturizes.
    How To Get Clear Skin Natural/Home Remedies

Ripped Biceps Beginning/Intermediate Workouts & Diet Plans
  • Here's what works well for me:
    1. Wash your face with a mild soap like Dove.
    2. Keep your hands off your face, the oil on your hands will clog your pores.
    3. Short hair. I used to keep my hair long to cover up pimples on my forehead, but the hair just caused more pimples.
    4. Relax, stress causes breakouts.
    5. Food, it's usually different for everyone, but if it makes you break out, stay away.
    6. See a doctor. I'm on an antibiotic, which helps keep pimples under control.
    7. Experiment with creams. What works for others may not work for you, especially if it dries you out severely. Look around.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER] "Say those little things that don't make anyone feel better"
    [/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  • Food: Parents often tell teens to avoid pizza, chocolate, greasy and fried foods, and junk food. While these foods may not be good for overall health, they don't cause acne or make it worse. Although some recent studies have implicated milk and dairy products in aggravating acne, these findings are far from established.

This was taken off a website. Absolute truth! Acne isn't caused by what you eat, it is caused by oils blocking your pores; you increase these oils when you touch your face however; during puberty and growing up, you develop more oils due to your glands.
  • mawsie wrote:

This was taken off a website. Absolute truth! Acne isn't caused by what you eat, it is caused by oils blocking your pores; you increase these oils when you touch your face however; during puberty and growing up, you develop more oils due to your glands.

You don't increase oil by touching your skin. All touching your skin will do is transfer dirt and bacteria to your face.

When you eat bad food, it does cause increased oil production in your skin because it causes your body to create to much insulin in your blood stream. Then because the dose of insulin was so large, your body releases testosterone like hormones called androgens.

Both of these cause oil glands to make to much oil, causes your skin to die off faster than normal. On top of that, since this process has been happening to us for literally years, our immune systems are wore out to the point where the acne causing bacteria multiply out of control where they normally remain in balance.
    How To Get Clear Skin Natural/Home Remedies

Ripped Biceps Beginning/Intermediate Workouts & Diet Plans
  • So yeah don't be touching your face, don't eat too much oily foods, and don't pop your pimples! Do drink lots of water (it's really good for you), do wash your face with soap before you sleep, and keep your hair from touching your face too much. These work for me and I have darn clear skin! :D
    [COLOR="Lime"][CENTER]I'm so happy today![/CENTER][/COLOR]
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
  • getting facials have really helped me. if you get them every 6 weeks or so. they can do wonders. also, i don't know if you have them where you live, but Lush has really great all-natural face masks that are absolutely amazing. i'd suggest their Chocolate mud mask.
    plus just using a reliable product daily. i use Aveeda, which is pretty expensive but soo worth it. it's gentle, natural, and really helps the skin clear up.
    also when you wash your face use warm water to open the pores and rinse it with cooler water to help lock the product in. pat dry your face, don't rub it with a towel.
    on top of that drinking lots of water and avoiding really greasy foods. your diet cant actually play a huge factor in your acne but it can contribute. just be aware.
    [CENTER][LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/LEFT]
    [LEFT]
    [/LEFT]
    [LEFT] yahh trick.
    [/LEFT]
    [/CENTER]