What am I supposed to say?

• What am I supposed to say?

My best boy mate Chris, told me he thought he was bisexual the other week.. I was totally cool with it, even when he told me he had had experiences with quite a few different guys - which included all the first 3 bases. I'm still cool with it, and I was trying to support him. We had a good laugh about it and I was helping him to decide what he really wanted and how he was going to tackle his.. situation.. Until he finally told me he was in love with someone, and had been for the last 3 years.. Who was it, you ask?

My boyfriend.

What the hell do you say to that?
      What the hell do you DO?
      What the hell do you THINK?
      This is a little snippet of our conversation after he told me:
      ;; Me: Are you IN love with him?
      Chris: Yes, I suppose.
      Me: Does it hurt you that you can't be with him?
      Chris: Would it hurt you if YOU couldn't be with him?
      Me: Well, of course.
      Chris: Well, there you go then. ;;

I'm a good listener, and a good supporter, not to sound vain.. But what do you do when you're best friend turns around and says that you're not the only one who's in love with your boyfriend..
    • Re: What am I supposed to say?

Well there is only one thing to say, he is not interested (at least you think lol)

It may be hard for your friend but if yor bf is not bi than there is no competition or any akwardness....

I mean its gonna be a bit strange when u catch him staring at your bf and maby you will get a little irritated, but hey if hes straight that you have no competition right?

Just speak to him. share stories, just dont talk to much about your sex life hehe, it might turn him on and make him get crazy lool...

Its no joke im sure for you, but hell if hes straight.....wtf

Just try and understand where he's coming from, if you can do that well, then you'll be able to be there for him. If he's jealous of you then you two will have to evaluate your priorities, whether you care more for him or for your boyfriend, things like this. Everything will be fine, try to hook him up with someone else, if he wouldn't mind that. Gosh, pretty tough situation... =[

You have my condolences XD

Girrrl, that sucks :/ But hey, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you! <3 Because YOU have him, so even though the whole situation is pretty awkward, I wouldn't worry about losing your boyfriend to him. Maybe try to look past it and hope that he'll find someone else he's interested in.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]
      You're hot , Let's do ittt * (;
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/CENTER]

thats a difficult one :S i would just try to let him know that your boyfriends straight and he has to move on coz well by definition your boyfriend is taken

years ago i fell in love with my best friends girlfriend, and honestly the best thing to do is move on

but dont let him give up hope on dating, just be supportive, he has to know that moving on is best for him

and p.s. i havent seen you in ages on here jaurajane! :)
      we all got troubles, we all got pain, we try to hang onto love, try to keep it the same, we all got issues, i put mine in my songs, sometimes im not fine but im carrying on

Skelator wrote:

thats a difficult one :S i would just try to let him know that your boyfriends straight and he has to move on coz well by definition your boyfriend is taken

years ago i fell in love with my best friends girlfriend, and honestly the best thing to do is move on

but dont let him give up hope on dating, just be supportive, he has to know that moving on is best for him

and p.s. i havent seen you in ages on here jaurajane! :)

haha lol thanks, that helps, and IKR! i haven't been on in ages and i thought i should check the forum out to solve some problemsss ;) heyy ;) x

and thanks to everyone, this helps loads ;D

Just tell him that your boyfriend is straight, and you would feel really uncomfortable if he tried anything. Hopefully he'll be able to move on and find someone else. :)
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

It doesn't matter whether your boyfriend is straight or not - he may not be - just tell him that he is choosing to be with you at the moment and that's the way it's going to be. Tell your friend that you can still be friends and you'll still support him, but until your boyfriend chooses him over you, he's yours.

Ménage à trois? um.. seriously? I have absolutely no idea... you should both talk to your boyfriend about it for sure(TOGETHER).. then the three of you decide what to do.... is your boyfriend friends with your best friend? close friends? love triangles are confusing enough even between completely heterosexual people... pray that your best friend falls in love head over heals with some other girl/guy that you arent unfond of...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sharxbyte ().

At O.P. -- if it were me.. i would say "good for you, but he is taken" ... in a slightly polite tone since he IS or WAS one of your good friends.

and leave it at that

either he has the respect to leave u 2 alone after that... or he doesnt in which i personally would start to distance myself.
      New to the forum! love to chat though!

send a PM!