Diets

• Is there actually a fricking diet that works out there?

Most say it's just eating healthily and excercising every day.. but who the hell actually does that, apart from those fitness teachers who do 1000 sit ups a day maybe?

I find it impossible to get a flat stomach nowadays, and it's worse for me because my Mum is always saying that puberty will make me get slimmer and taller.. I'm get taller and BIGGER, jeez.

Can anybody help? :L:L
    • Honestly, cut down on the sugar or anything else you feel makes you put on weight.
      I was able to gain a flat stomach by doing 5 reverse-crunches, 2 times a day. (Morning and night). Then I combined that with 25 squats, 2 times a day and the flat stomach/leg power that I had was amazing.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]
    • It might be a bit if you're not fit but stick to it and it'll be easy in no time. And it's well worth it.
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]
    • You lay on your back and bring your knees up to your chest. Slowly, you lower them so that they extend flat, but they don't touch the ground. Then you repeat. Make sure you're flat on your back, you should be able to feel it working.
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]
    • LauraJane wrote:

Is there actually a fricking diet that works out there?

Most say it's just eating healthily and excercising every day.. but who the hell actually does that, apart from those fitness teachers who do 1000 sit ups a day maybe?

I find it impossible to get a flat stomach nowadays, and it's worse for me because my Mum is always saying that puberty will make me get slimmer and taller.. I'm get taller and BIGGER, jeez.

Can anybody help? :L:L

Looks like you already know how to lose weight in a healthy manner, so how about you try that instead of hoping for someone to post a magic diet that is going to cure all your problems?
    • it's not really that hard to eat healthy and you would be surprised how many people eat healthy. if you really don't want anything special just try not to eat fried food, don't eat sweets every day, try to drink water, eat some vegetable, try not to eat a lot of carbs(don't eat like 150grams of rice in 1 meal), have 5 meals a day. also something like 20 minutes of running everyday won't do harm same as some crunches and push ups :D. but don't do them every day. do them 3 times a week and i think that 3x20 crunches is enough and 20 pushups.
    • To those who said about me already knowing how to diet, believe me i've tried..

but then, there's loads of people who tell me that it doesn't work sometimes just to eat healthily cause of how your body works.. i recently read in a magazine about people not being able to slim down through eating healthily because you need to work out how much of each food group your body needs.. and i was watching a programme that told you that it's actually bad for you to eat loads of fruit, and that it can actually make you put on weight!
    • thats true. if you eat to much fruit you get to much fructose which is not good in high amounts. but i assume you don't eat 10 apples every day...:D. believe me eat healthy and work out a bit(run, do crunches...) and you'll succeed. it's true about amounts. if you get 1000 calories in one meal and in another you get 300 calories that's wrong. try to have 5 meals a day and something like 5x300 calories. also try to get some protein(eggs, beef, chicken breasts...). don't forget to eat healthy fats(omega 3, 6, 9). you can eat some nuts and olive oil for fats.
    • Actually I eat what I want . It's all about portion size really and NOT eating a whole shitload of junk . As long as you are getting your daily servings of meat , dairy , veggies , fruit , and bread then it doesn't matter what you eat , just how much of it you eat . You also might want to try and do light or fat-free versions of things . Also eating fresh fruit and vegetables and drinking plenty of water is really good to help supress appetite . Also grapefruit is an amazing fat burner :] So are tomatoes.

As for exercise , you don't have to do it every day and you don't have to do a lot of it . I exercise 3 times a week . And usually just do lunges , crunches , walking/jogging , and squats . I don't exercise but for maybe 45 mins. 30 mins of that is usually walking .
      [CENTER]"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul." ~Marilyn Monroe[/CENTER]
    • LauraJane wrote:

To those who said about me already knowing how to diet, believe me i've tried..

Well if it didn't work your idea of healthy diet and exercise is probably flawed. What did you try?

LauraJane wrote:

but then, there's loads of people who tell me that it doesn't work sometimes just to eat healthily cause of how your body works.. i recently read in a magazine about people not being able to slim down through eating healthily because you need to work out how much of each food group your body needs.

Surely "eating healthy" involves working out how much of what your body needs anyway, right?
    • Batgirl wrote:

Honestly, cut down on the sugar or anything else you feel makes you put on weight.
      I was able to gain a flat stomach by doing 5 reverse-crunches, 2 times a day. (Morning and night). Then I combined that with 25 squats, 2 times a day and the flat stomach/leg power that I had was amazing.

You said 5. But now I know you meant 50.
      That seems more believable >.<.
    • Frosty wrote:

Well if it didn't work your idea of healthy diet and exercise is probably flawed. What did you try?

Surely "eating healthy" involves working out how much of what your body needs anyway, right?

Well.. I'm not good with searching over the internet or in books what you should and shouldn't eat.. I'm hoping you'll agree with me when I say that there's so many diet programmes and programmes for healthy eating etc that just simply don't work.. This is explained by most when they say that "it's because everyone's different, and no two bodies work the same." Because of this, I did jogging every afternoon for about half an hour, and tried to keep up with sit ups (for the excercise side of things). For the food bit, I stopped snacking altogether, and literally just ate the meals that my mother served me - And I valued her opinion on what I should be eating in my meals, so I just took whatever she gave me.