"Coming of age" films

• "Coming of age" films

I recently watched Nick and Norah's infinite play list after someone suggested it to me after we talked about one of my favorite movies, Adventureland. I was wondering if anyone knows of any "coming of age" films similar to these two? Doesn't even have to be similar, just in the same genre.
    • Re: "Coming of age" films

Teenage Dirtbag: about a girl inhibited by peer pressure and a guy who comes from a rough family. The movie is pretty brilliant if you keep an open mind.

Garden Party: follows a group of people in Los Angeles trying to get by. They're not all "coming of age" but I'd consider it to be in that category.

Remember the Daze A.K.A The Beautiful Ordinary (one of my favorites): it's about a bunch of teenagers on the last day of high school. This one is really funny and has great music.

Skins: Not a movie, but an excellent British TV show and it's in the "coming of age" category.

The Yellow Handkerchief: it's not out on dvd yet, but it looks pretty good to me. Kristen Stewart from Adventureland is in it.

Similar to Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and Adventureland would probably be stuff like Juno, but I'm sure you've already seen or at least heard of that one. Are you more interested in comedy or drama type stuff?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with
      white noise, pills, and Jesus[/CENTER][/COLOR]
    • Re: "Coming of age" films

lcky wrote:

Similar to Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and Adventureland would probably be stuff like Juno, but I'm sure you've already seen or at least heard of that one. Are you more interested in comedy or drama type stuff?

I would say drama, but not so dry of comedy that it gets boring. :o

And Juno haha I still haven't seen it, that'll be the next movie I watch.