Lesbian stereotypes

• Re: Lesbian stereotypes

The lesbian stereotype is often women who act masculine (or butch as some would say). In other words, lesbians are stereotypically tomboyish and enjoy activities that are traditionally enjoyed by men.

But it is just a stereotype. Most gay and lesbian people do not fit into the stereotype. There are lesbians who are very feminine and gay guys that are very masculine.

Some stereotypes are that all lesbians like cats, wear plaid, and have short hair. There are also a few stereotypes about lesbian relationships, like that every lesbian knows every other lesbian, or that two dating lesbians will move in together early on in their relationship.

"my sexual orientation does not determine:
      - my style
      - how i speak
      -what i like
      -my sex drive
      - my personality
      Don't stereotype"
      Hey :) i followed stereotypes for awhile and it rlly screwed with my mind. couldnt figure out what i was but sexuality is on a spectrum not just black or white. I am lesbian, i wear lipstick, wear girly clothes and shorts, throw up the peace sign, wear makeup, and like generally "girly stuff" but i also have my moments where i enjoy lounging in my sweatpants and snapbacks :D
      CutieCakesCares:)

One stereotype is that there are only two types of lesbian: a butch and a femme. Butch girls are very tomboyish, masculine, and practical, usually with short hair and unisex clothes. Femmes are "girly girls" who wear makeup, dress in heels and skirts, and care a lot about their looks. They're sometimes accused of "pretending to be straight"...as if that makes any sense.
      Hope is like a butterfly, it can be killed with one quick movement.