USA music VS Europe music.

• Re: USA music VS Europe music.

Sash wrote:

Perfectly said. European music is better for those with REAL musical taste, be it metal, trance, celtic, new age, folk, dance or even gypsy music.

If you musical taste leans towards lyrics containing a lot of swear words and videos with a lot of cheap thrills, then American rap music would probably be the best for you.

That is not to say there aren't good artistes in the US, but when they are they become mainstream in Europe, not United States.

Im sorry but i disagree with most of this. What is 'REAL musical taste'? Some american music that has been released really good. I mean obviously you gotta look past the mainstream to find the goodness but because it does not appear in front of you does not mean that it doesn't exist.

As i do not know much about metal music and celtic music i can't say if they are better in the USA than in Europe.

As for your comment about American rap, im going to have to disagree again. I mean i understand why you might not like rap/hip-hop music but not every hip hop artist is like Ludacris and 50 Cent. Yes i won't lie, Hip-hop is heavily assosiated with bad language but if you take a proper look into the lyricism you will see that not every rapper is talking about girls, cars or money.
      'King stays the King'

batfeet wrote:

The thing with American music is that for the most part you have to do a bit of digging to find anything worthwhile. That isn't a bad thing though.

Why bother? I can find all the good music I need in Europe, without having to dig the earth out for it.

Marvin wrote:

Hip-hop is heavily assosiated with bad language but if you take a proper look into the lyricism you will see that not every rapper is talking about girls, cars or money.

Yeah, and some Nigerian prince actually wants to transfer 20 million dollars to my bank account.

I listen to a lot of differnet DJ's in general I don't really know or care where they are from haha. Like axwell I didn't know he was european haha. But I have heard of Inna and like her. I knew she was european but I would say most of my music is from the US because that's where I am from. But I think I could easily enjoy european music just as much. I think it just has to do with what you like, what is popular, what your exposed to, ect. :p But music in general is amazing no matter where it is from.
      [CENTER]We live in a huge world and I want to see every part of it. Come with me? :D[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Sash wrote:

Why bother? I can find all the good music I need in Europe, without having to dig the earth out for it.

Why not bother if you could find some really solid music artists unlike anything you are familiar with? I would love to hear a European band that sounds like Animal Collective without having been influenced by Animal Collective. Those sounds!

Beautiful and very obviously American harpists like Joanna Newsom.

I am by no means saying that there are not great European artists out there because I know fully well that they exist and I would never choose to not listen to them just because I have a sufficient supply of American born artists.
      i don't sleep

I listen to a mix of both, I guess. Don't tend to distinguish nationalities of the music I like :p If I like it, I like it, and that's all that matters. The only time nationality has ever been obvious to me is in the case of Breaking Benjamin, who wont tour outside of America =/ And therefore have minimised my chances of ever seeing them live. Other than that, I don't really care :p
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Marvin wrote:

Hip Hop is defintely better in the USA. Im tempted to say Electronica is better in Europe but because Electronica has so many sub-genres i can't say that for sure because i have not listened to them all.

My friend told me that the real mixes happen in Europe. He played me a 5 min recording session from a station from the UK it had a lot of the sub-genres of electronica like dub-step, and it sounded way better than the mixes they play in US. It really depends on what each person likes.