Immigrants

• Re: Immigrants

xNerRadx wrote:

Well now the lines are drawn. And the official government of the United States wants to put a halt on Mexican emigration to the US.

But what gives us the right to say it is ours just because we cut up the land with imaginary lines? They were doing the exact same thing in this land as we are now because we took it from them. They were living on it.

I meant to say this in regards to the drug comment as well. If there were not a demand for the drugs Mexicans wouldn't be bringing the drugs up through Mexico. And if we were to stop that drug trafficking it would only lead to the creation of more domestic drug trade (from the manufacturing level). Drugs are desired in this country and if that was an issue that actually mattered to you I think you would see that it would be more effective to incite change in the way the DEA is run.
      i don't sleep

xNerRadx wrote:

I don't have one because it's not an issue. Millions of Americans aren't trying to crowd into one place; legally or illegally. There comes a point where people just go overboard. A cap on emigration has been enforced before, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. It's not called being racist, it's called keeping control of the population and society.

Let me get this straight: There's been a point before when the USA has put a cap on people leaving the country? When? Not to mention that it sounds flagrantly illiberal, as if it's just come out of North Korea.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

Let me get this straight: There's been a point before when the USA has put a cap on people leaving the country? When? Not to mention that it sounds flagrantly illiberal, as if it's just come out of North Korea.

No my bad. I meant the US has stopped people from foreign countries from moving here. Back in the Early 90's, somewhere between the 1900-1950. I learned this last year so it's a little hazy but there is a name for it.

xNerRadx wrote:

No my bad. I meant the US has stopped people from foreign countries from moving here. Back in the Early 90's, somewhere between the 1900-1950. I learned this last year so it's a little hazy but there is a name for it.

Okay, so you think it fair to let Americans go move to new countries, but refuse entry to those who want to come to the USA?

It's a give and take system, you can't have one without the other and avoid hypocrisy at the same time.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

Okay, so you think it fair to let Americans go move to new countries, but refuse entry to those who want to come to the USA?

It's a give and take system, you can't have one without the other and avoid hypocrisy at the same time.

What other countries decide to do is there decision. It's not our problem. Therefore, I don't care. And it's not denying every foreigner entry; it's a quota system.

I'm a first generation Korean American and I can understand these people's needs. My family had to leave what was left of Korea in the 60s because they couldn't make do with what was available. The resources weren't there and the economy was in shambles and there was an organized crime problem. They moved because the United States offered much more hope and promise of success than a destroyed port city.

To sum it up, sometimes there just aren't chances. The fact these illegal immigrants work as hard as they do for so little is a testament to their desire to better themselves and their families. I'm not trying to justify sneaking into the country, because that's a political matter I don't care to get into, but if you see things from their perspective its not a favorable position remain in.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Yoboseyo?
      [/CENTER]

The statement that illegal immigrants hurt the US economy does't make sense at all. The 2007-2010 economic crisis and the subsequent loss of jobs is a consequence of legal Americans living in a debt bubble and your government's harebrained policies.

As for illegal immigrants ending up in prostitution and drug trade, who the hell buys these prostitutes and drugs in the first place? It must be those Arab terrorists, Russian spies and Eurotrash visitors. Anything but them god-blessed Americans.

The fact of the matter is: if you're an ILLEGAL immigrant, you shouldn't be here. And the fact that their trying to put their input into our law decisions just really irritates me. If they don't like the quality of their life in Mexico, that's not the U.S. problem. It's THEIR problem so THEY need to go talk to THEIR president.

xNerRadx wrote:

I don't understand why Mexicans are so desperate to move here in the first place.

I think we should drop you off in Mexico. And not Cabo or Mexico City.

xNerRadx wrote:

If the Mexican immigrants aren't happy, why don't they go somewhere else.

Where do you suppose they go? Are you asserting that they should make their own country? When I look at the map, I notice that there are very few places that aren't already taken. I'm sure that some leave Mexico for other countries than the US, but I'm not sure these immigrants can really afford plane tickets or long distance transport.

For those that say they should complain to their government, who exactly should they complain to? The Mexican government is currently having difficulty with economy and security among other things. The situation is obviously grave enough for Mexican immigrants to leave their families and risk everything to come here just to send a bit of money back. I think part of the problem is that Americans have a hard time imagining the situation people in other countries are in. We can't see that there are families suffering because we have so much.

I firmly believe that legal immigration should be made far easier. I don't believe that the solution is any simpler than that. Finally, I have a problem with the originally proposed Arizona law's provisions for the arrest of people based on certain criteria, like broken English. That's disgusting. My mother is Puerto Rican and has a very strong accent. Even if she was arrested and released, how fair is it to falsely detain American citizens based on such ridiculous criteria? Yes, I realize the cop would have to be a real ass to make a bogus arrest like that, but why leave it open?
      [SIZE=2]Your Favorite Lovable Mascot: ZAPFOX! :poke:[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]Stop Military Rape!
      [/CENTER]

xNerRadx wrote:

The fact of the matter is: if you're an ILLEGAL immigrant, you shouldn't be here. And the fact that their trying to put their input into our law decisions just really irritates me. If they don't like the quality of their life in Mexico, that's not the U.S. problem. It's THEIR problem so THEY need to go talk to THEIR president.

So you're completely against immigration? You might say you're not, but that's the same reason people immigrate legally, too. They want to live someplace they consider better.

You give off an "I hate every foreigner" vibe.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Yoboseyo?
      [/CENTER]

zapfox wrote:

For those that say they should complain to their government, who exactly should they complain to? The Mexican government is currently having difficulty with economy and security among other things. The situation is obviously grave enough for Mexican immigrants to leave their families and risk everything to come here just to send a bit of money back.

That sounds like their problem to me. NOT OURS. We've got problems of our own. I'm sorry but I just don't have sympathy for them. If you want to come into our country, do it legally and make sure you're considered a citizen before trying to change our government policies.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Zen wrote:

So you're completely against immigration? You might say you're not, but that's the same reason people immigrate legally, too. They want to live someplace they consider better.

You give off an "I hate every foreigner" vibe.

I'm not completely against it. I'm against ILLEGAL immigration. Swarms of people who don't belong here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xNerRadx ().

xNerRadx wrote:

That sounds like their problem to me. NOT OURS. We've got problems of our own. I'm sorry but I just don't have sympathy for them. If you want to come into our country, do it legally and make sure you're considered a citizen before trying to change our government policies.

Fair enough. I can't blame them for trying to affect regulations that could possibly put them back where they started with nothing to show for it, but I also realize that they aren't under the normal protections and ability to influence legislation that American citizens are.

If you noticed, I agree with your belief that immigrants should come here legally. However, I am also aware that the current system of immigration is not nearly sufficient or accessible enough for their to be a fair chance.

By the way, I noticed you believe immigrants are "stealing" American jobs. I find it interesting that this claim is made when Mexican immigrants take some of the least desirable positions in society. Think for a minute: why is it that illegal immigrants can come here and find a job more easily than an American citizen can? The answer is that the Americans don't want them. In fact, it looks like we even need them! If it's such a problem, maybe we should target American employers who knowingly employ illegal immigrants. Maybe we should stop Americans from hiring undocumented workers for odd jobs. If they can't find a job, they won't come here to stay.
      [SIZE=2]Your Favorite Lovable Mascot: ZAPFOX! :poke:[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]Stop Military Rape!
      [/CENTER]

Zen wrote:

But immigrants come here for the same reason, shouldn't they stay where they're from and fix their own country?

I guess that's true. But at the same time if it was done legally it could at least be regulated. Would you want more criminals running around? Would you want too many immigrants moving in? There has to be a regulation. We can't just let anyone and everyone into our country.

xNerRadx wrote:

I guess that's true. But at the same time if it was done legally it could at least be regulated. Would you want more criminals running around? Would you want too many immigrants moving in? There has to be a regulation. We can't just let anyone and everyone into our country.

You say that as if having several foreigners immigrating into this country is a bad thing.

Krasseevaya;2715094 wrote:

[CENTER][SIZE=3]I kissed my best friend.[/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE] [SIZE=3]But she was high, and I just wanted to see if she tasted like chocolate cake.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

xNerRadx wrote:

The fact of the matter is: if you're an ILLEGAL immigrant, you shouldn't be here.

xNerRadx wrote:

I'm not completely against it. I'm against ILLEGAL immigration. Swarms of people who don't belong here.

Cool legal positivism bro.

Willardlol wrote:

You say that as if having several foreigners immigrating into this country is a bad thing.

IMMIGRANTS TAKE OUR JOBS!!!!111ONE!!

Willardlol wrote:

Nope, I just don't like how non-citizens are fighting for rights they don't have in this country. That even sounds stupid. If you don't like what we do here, stay in your country...

Yesterday I on the news a whole bunch of kids with illegal parents came here to picket the practice of deporting their parents back to Mexico and keeping them (the kids here). I agree family shouldn't be separated, but that child's parents knew what they were doing when they crossed the border ILLEGALLY 9 months pregnant. They knew the consequences so I don't feel sorry for them. Well I feel sorry for the kids but not the parents.

That just REALLY pisses me off. They can't complain about being deported if they already knew what was going to happen before they crossed the border. They knew the law. If they had a problem with being deported or separated from their kids, they shouldn't have did what they did. They have no reason to picket or cause a fuss over that because they already knew. And like I said, they have no say anyway.

I am against illegal immigration. They may want to come here, but then they task our systems that dont account for them being there. They are not paying taxes, and using the systems that we pay taxes for. I am all for legal immigration, but just coming over is wrong. Of course we could make it easier for them to get here and stay here legally. Especially people with talents and skills. Then when we try to change laws to make it easier, then we get the people screaming, THEY ARE TAKING OUR JOBS!!