Tim Burton

• I hate his movies so much. The style he creates them in is so creepy, ugly and unattractive. Johnny Depp is a good actor, but it's hard to see him as one when he's covered in ugly make-up and given ridiculous roles. Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland was terrible too...

God I hate this guy so much, he tries to be all artsy and original when he really just ends up making an ugly mess in every one of his movies.
    • Re: Tim Burton

I used to love Tim Burton as a child and I used to love his dark and creepy style. I actually love dark and creepy things, especially with art but after watching Alice In Wonderland I really dislike him now. That book is sooo effing amazing I am in love with it and he completely just fucked it up. Half way through watching it i was like ffs this is basically just an effing sequel, was such a let down. The characters were not very well shown off and even the cinematography wasn't pleasing to look at. The Mad Hatter what the actual fuck!? Turned into some crazy scottish freak. Omg he raped that book and I hate him for it.
      It was terrible
      Rant over.

That being said A Nightmare Before Christmas is still effing amazing and so is James and the Giant Peach.
      I just feel as if he can't be bothered anymore. He seriously needs to find some new actors too.
      But yea how can you not like dark and creepy styles? It's the best thing ever :D
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

the smoke monster wrote:

I hate his movies so much. The style he creates them in is so creepy, ugly and unattractive. Johnny Depp is a good actor, but it's hard to see him as one when he's covered in ugly make-up and given ridiculous roles. Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland was terrible too...

God I hate this guy so much, he tries to be all artsy and original when he really just ends up making an ugly mess in every one of his movies.

I couldn't agree more and how he always casts his wife in all his movies is annoying!

I really like Tim Burton as he created his own universe. Some of his films (The Corpse Bride, Edward Scissorhands,...) are so dark and poetic on the same time. I went to see Alice in Wonderland though, but I have been very disappointed. It's not art to me, but just another commercial movie. The book is really good and so is the Walt Disney... But the Tim Burton's movie is such a crap... It's a good distraction but definitely not art.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC]http://www.teenhut.net/signaturepics/sigpic80554_9.gif[/SIGPIC]

[RIGHT]:lovey: Jam is the best sister in the world :lovey:
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

the smoke monster wrote:

Eh, some of his other movies have good scripts, I just can't stand the style they're executed in. A lot of them are probably better on paper.

An yeah, if you're gonna make a movie based off of a book with pretty much the same title and all, at least have the decency to stay loyal to it's content.

Yeah cos making the 1000th Alice in Wonderland film which has generally no linear plot instead, being a series of events wuld be a great idea to do for a live action movie.

I mostly like Tim Burton's movie Edward Scissorhands was a brilliant movie, sweeney Todd and Willy Wonka were great adaptions. I do think he needs to do a more variety of actors in his movies but even so, it seems to work with them.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by BadaBing ().

I personally think Tim Burton is great. Ok, maybe Alice in Wonderland was not as good as I expected it to be, but I think his other movies are amazing. My favorites are probably.. Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride, Nightmare Before Christmas.. My all time favorite is Edward Scissorhands. :)

I like them because they're so unique, like another universe. Some are better than others, but I still think he's great.

~ Valentina ~ wrote:

I really like Tim Burton as he created his own universe. Some of his films (The Corpse Bride, Edward Scissorhands,...) are so dark and poetic on the same time..

I couldn't disagree more. He tries to be dark and poetic, but always come off as trying too hard.

BadaBing wrote:

Yeah cos making the 1000th Alice in Wonderland film which has generally no linear plot instead, being a series of events wuld be a great idea to do for a live action movie.

There's been only two or three successful Alice in Wonderland movies, with the latest one being released over 10 years ago. I don't see what the problem is with writing a script based off of the events from the novel. :confused:

I love the style, tbh. He's one of my biggest heroes, and the biggest dream of mine is to have something to do with a future production of his<3 Some people can't find the art in his style but I can and I find it unbelievably beautiful.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

I used to really like his style.. his movies lately seem to just be lacking what they used to have and just give off the impression that he is trying too hard.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]