Lortab

• Alright so last night I went to the hospital because I'm crazy sick. I have some sort of throat infection and an ear infection. The throat infection has cause to me have such a severe sore throat that I can barely swallow anything from the pain. I was prescribed antibiotics as well as lortab.

Has anyone ever taken it before? I'm pretty sure the dosage I was given was too strong. It takes away my pain, which is awesome. It also gives me a crazy body buzz, which makes me feel like I'm floating and as a result, makes me think I'm an astronaut. It's actually a bit annoying.
      [CENTER]

[/CENTER]
    • Loratabs used to be my love. It will tend to do that.. which is why it is so constantly abused. Can I ask whether or not you feel energetic or tired? Whenever I take it I feel drowsy and unenergetic, but a lot of my friends will take it and they are more productive.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    • onyxeyes wrote:

Um, obviously. Did you read any of the rest of the thread, or was it just that one sentence?

I did, and the drowsiness was mentioned quite a few times. I was just addressing that, stating that it's the hydrocodone that causes it. Hydrocodone is fairly strong, and as somebody without any tolerance you're bound to get the opiate high, so I doubt the dosage is too much for you; it's just a strong and effective drug mixed with acetaminophen... which is a fun combination. I thought that was implied, but I admit, I shouldn't have been so ambiguous.
    • Malevolent wrote:

I did, and the drowsiness was mentioned quite a few times. I was just addressing that, stating that it's the hydrocodone that causes it. Hydrocodone is fairly strong, and as somebody without any tolerance you're bound to get the opiate high, so I doubt the dosage is too much for you; it's just a strong and effective drug mixed with acetaminophen... which is a fun combination. I thought that was implied, but I admit, I shouldn't have been so ambiguous.

I questioned if you had read the entire thread because I stated in my first post already that it caused me to feel high. My post that you quoted was also in response to Saradactyl's question about whether it makes me feel drowsy or energetic. :p

I still think my dosage is too much. I'm supposed to take 2 every six hours, I've only been taking one when I absolutely can't stand the pain because it has been causing me to feel high. Last night it was even messing with my heart rate and breathing... It was pretty scary. :(
      [CENTER]

[/CENTER]