summer time

• Re: summer time

Take up a martial art such as judo or muay thai. Those two in particular are phenomenal for weight loss, particularly muay thai. But ultimately it depends on the trainer(s) and their style. My muay thai club is big on cardio, where we are doing intense cardio sessions on a daily basis. There's really nothing better than martial arts for weight loss in my opinion.

Frosty wrote:

/thread

Exactly. Though it's best to go into a bit more detail:

-Count rough calories
      -Find out your maintenance level (how many calories you take in just to maintain your level)
      -Like has been said the simple fact is you need to BURN MORE THAN YOU TAKE IN
      -Avoid food with large amounts of calories and/or carbs and/or fat (basically just stay away from junk food, sodas, etc. and eat light foods
      -Don't make the mistake of not eating. Eat 4-6 times a day with small meals. Breakfast is very important and don't eat too late at night.

-Exercise regularly, at least 3 times a week I'd say.
      -Work hard. Even though doing a light jog for 30-45 minutes will help, do more. Work your ass off if you really want to make a difference. And stay consistent!

Have a plan! Know what you're going to be doing every day. Set goals. Each time try to improve. Run further or faster. Always strive to do at least a bit better than the time before.

Screw that 35-40 mins 3 times a week.
      That is for pansies(JK). If you want to lose weight fast follow my schedule.
      Here is my schedule for success:
      1) Go to local muay thai , Kyokushin karate, boxing, or Judo club. ( I don't recommend BJJ because you are a girl and in BJJ you would have to roll around with sweaty guys a lot. Even though they say there are no straight grapplers o.0... JK.)
      2) Pay for the summer.
      3)Attend 3 hours every day in morning or afternoon.
      4) Don't starve yourself or diet, just eat healthily. Lay off the potato chips, ice cream , etc. Once in a while is fine though. DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
      5) Have willpower to stick to the exercise and not eat like crazy afterwards.
      6)?????????????????????????????????
      7) PROFIT! GREAT SUCCESS!

Now for normal people....

1) Don't eat trash.
      2) Drink lots of water.
      3) Seriously, exercise around 2-3 hours a day. Do cardio and some weights if you want.
      4) Remember your goal.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JC ().

Trigger93 wrote:

Screw that 35-40 mins 3 times a week.
      That is for pansies.
      Here is my schedule for success:
      1) Go to local muay thai , Kyokushin karate, boxing, or Judo club. ( I don't recommend BJJ because you are a girl and in BJJ you would have to roll around with sweaty guys a lot. Even though they say there are no straight grapplers o.0... JK.)
      2) Pay for the summer.
      3)Attend 3 hours every day in morning or afternoon.
      4) Don't starve yourself or diet, just eat healthily. Lay off the potato chips, ice cream , etc. Once in a while is fine though. DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
      5) Have willpower to stick to the exercise and not eat like crazy afterwards.
      6)?????????????????????????????????
      7) PROFIT! GREAT SUCCESS!

You kind of misread what I said. I said At LEAST 3 times a week and that 30-45 minutes of cardio like normal people do is supposedly ok but if you really want to make a difference then you have to work your ass off.

And you gave an example of how that can be done :P. Though this is a girl and not a lot of girls throw themselves into hardcore martial arts training.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:

You kind of misread what I said. I said At LEAST 3 times a week and that 30-45 minutes of cardio like normal people do is supposedly ok but if you really want to make a difference then you have to work your ass off.

And you gave an example of how that can be done :P. Though this is a girl and not a lot of girls throw themselves into hardcore martial arts training.

Yeah I know that first hand.
      My sister doesn't want to learn even a little bit of kickboxing with me because it ain't girly. She will probably threaten to kill me if I suggest learning grappling.