Friendship after breakup, is this possible?

• Friendship after breakup, is this possible?

I think it's possible to remain friends after a breakup but it really depends on what caused the breakup. Sometimes the two just don't go well anymore that they have to give up on the relationship and I guess for this, it's okay to remain as friends after.

But, if the breakup is caused by cheating or something like that, friendship after the breakup is impossible. What's your take?
    • Re: Friendship after breakup, is this possible?

Hahaha, no.

99/100 relationships can give proof of this. Even if you don't feel like it's going anywhere and you ask him and he agrees, he might just be saying that because he doesn't want you to feel stuck in which case he probably loves you even more than you think. Then that person would be hurt. For girls, well I can't exactly say hahaha, perhaps a girl can give her input on their side.

Also, I didn't mean to direct this towards you I just mean in general of "he" and "you" for explanatory purposes.

Hahaha, hope you solve you conflict even though my input probably wasn't what you were looking for.
      The Laughing Man

TheLaughingMan wrote:

Hahaha, no.

99/100 relationships can give proof of this. Even if you don't feel like it's going anywhere and you ask him and he agrees, he might just be saying that because he doesn't want you to feel stuck in which case he probably loves you even more than you think. Then that person would be hurt. For girls, well I can't exactly say hahaha, perhaps a girl can give her input on their side.

Also, I didn't mean to direct this towards you I just mean in general of "he" and "you" for explanatory purposes.

Hahaha, hope you solve you conflict even though my input probably wasn't what you were looking for.

On this post I actually agree with you LaughingMan. Again, like I said to you in my previous threads, I do respect your thoughts and with this particular question, I have to agree with you ;)

It's really hard to stay as friends after a breakup.

It is almost always a bad idea to stay friends simply because at least one of the parties has been badly hurt by the break up. However not all are like this and I've had relationships that have evolved from friendships and then back into friendships without much of a fuss.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

DeaExMachina wrote:

It is almost always a bad idea to stay friends simply because at least one of the parties has been badly hurt by the break up. However not all are like this and I've had relationships that have evolved from friendships and then back into friendships without much of a fuss.

Well, that's nice. I guess it really depends on what caused the breakup. If the breakup is not too painful, I guess the two can just be friends. Like, if they realize they are just not really compatible or they have grown apart. Especially with teenagers, soon enough we'll make decisions in our lives like moving to another state or whatever and it's hard for couples. Sometimes the best way to explore our dreams is to let go of a relationship. But, friendship can remain.

It's impossible, i think. Sometimes not, but mostly... If you really had feelings for a guy, it would be difficult to meet him, talk to him and not to feel it again. It really hurts. I feel like this sometimes. Unfortunately..
      Nobody in the world deserves to make you cry. And if he deserves, he would never make...

Realistically i would say that the breakup would inconceivably hurt both lovers. But. But. But. In theory, and when i say in theory, i mean that i have never experienced it, if they truly value their relationship and apologize, then maybe they can salvage what was left and start over. Because when you apologize, you are making the gesture that you really value a relationship.
      I think it's really possible. Never say never, amirite? :D

nthdelusion wrote:

Realistically i would say that the breakup would inconceivably hurt both lovers. But. But. But. In theory, and when i say in theory, i mean that i have never experienced it, if they truly value their relationship and apologize, then maybe they can salvage what was left and start over. Because when you apologize, you are making the gesture that you really value a relationship.
      I think it's really possible. Never say never, amirite? :D

Not all breakups would hurt both lovers. Mostly, yes. but not all. I guess those breakups that are common agreement for many reasons could give the relationship a chance... not for something romantic anymore, but just for friendship :) I've been it happen too.

I'm friends with quite nearly all of my exes. The only one I'm not is the one I intentionally hurt in the end. And I've no problem with us not being friends.
      Sure, most of my breakups involved them getting pissy but they got over it and we're all good.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

I dunno really. My views are based on experience only really. My most recent ex boyfriend still talks to me through text occasionally, but I guess I wouldn't go as far as saying we're 'friends' and all that. What I mean is that we can act in a civil manner towards one another, even after being so close, having sex and breaking up twice. We barely talk these days but I wouldn't say there's any hate between us, even if I do still think he acted like a complete tosser. Haha :)

I have to look at it from another perspective though, if he had cheated on me, my views would be very different of course. I don't think personally I would want to talk to him or have anything to do with him if I knew he had cheated on me.
      [SIZE=3]Just Be Yourself :thumbsup:

[/SIZE]

lizayolie wrote:

I think it's possible to remain friends after a breakup but it really depends on what caused the breakup. Sometimes the two just don't go well anymore that they have to give up on the relationship and I guess for this, it's okay to remain as friends after.

But, if the breakup is caused by cheating or something like that, friendship after the breakup is impossible. What's your take?

I agree with that 100%
      I love meeting people so feel free to PM me.:love1: