Fashion Obsessed Society.

• Fashion Obsessed Society.

These days, everyone wants to keep up with the latest fashion. It's all about what you wear. And not only that, it's all about what label is on the clothing tag.
      I walk around the shopping centre and everyone is obsessing with one particular group of clothing, which is obviously the newest item on the market. I see people wearing the same brands of clothing, the same style and the same amount (minimum).
      Not only clothing, but hair styles too. Everyone has similar hair styles, especially todays youth. And why??? Because thats what hollywood stars are doing.
      There is no diversity anymore, the world has just become one superficial planet in which everyone is a follower. And if you are different in the way you dress compared to the majority, you will be teased and ridiculed for it.

I am only 16, but yet I can still see how this world is going to end up... All the same.
    • Re: Fashion Obsessed Society.

So what?

Whats your point here? Welcome to fucking 1985. There has ALWAYS been a huge fashion industry. There will ALWAYS be a want for the hottest new item. There will ALWAYS be people that follow the latest trends and styles, it's been that way forever. If you don't like it, dye your hair black, start wearing too much make up and band tees and slit your wrists, just like all the other kids. :rolleyes:
      [CENTER]Haynes: this internet dies more then tupac[SIZE=6]
      REPOST POLICE
      [/SIZE]

LolGecko;260339 wrote:

ROFL:lol:
      ALL HAIL MissV!

[/CENTER]

MissV wrote:

So what?

Whats your point here? Welcome to fucking 1985. There has ALWAYS been a huge fashion industry. There will ALWAYS be a want for the hottest new item. There will ALWAYS be people that follow the latest trends and styles, it's been that way forever. If you don't like it, dye your hair black, start wearing too much make up and band tees and slit your wrists, just like all the other kids. :rolleyes:

Im not in 1985 sorry...I am in the year 2007 if you may or may not have noticed. This thread was not a chance for people to dis others who may have a different opinion to the "norm", it was a thread to tell people what is happening to todays society. And yes, I know that since the begining of time, there have been trends, and people who follow them which is ok. But my point being, that the trends these days are so superficial and are damaging peoples self-esteem because they feel they "can't look like someone on a magazine cover".
      I'm not saying that I don't like fashion, or trends...I am saying that I disagree with what they are, because in a way, they are destroying what used to be a nice planet.
      By the way...just because someone disagrees with the "norm" it doesn't automatically mean that they are going to become emo or goth or what ever you want to call. And slitting you're wrists because of a dislike of the fashion industry would be pathetic.

Brittany2907 wrote:

Im not in 1985 sorry...I am in the year 2007

i think she meant the book 1985.

i agree with the fact that people these days are all the same, but you have to take into account that when a style/item of clothing is put out, most shops will copy it and put out the same thing too. so it can be near impossible sometimes to find things which are going to make you stand out.

alot of people wear similar things as other people because they see someone wearing it/some celebrity wearing something and they think 'hey that looks really good', i mean doesnt everyone pretty much just want to look good in their clothes? [unless they just want to be comfortable ect].

this has always happened, it was happening in the 80s which alot of people concider to be an extremely oringal decade.

if you have a problem with it, go make your own clothes

/end rant.

Brittany2907 wrote:

Im not in 1985 sorry...I am in the year 2007 if you may or may not have noticed. This thread was not a chance for people to dis others who may have a different opinion to the "norm", it was a thread to tell people what is happening to todays society. And yes, I know that since the begining of time, there have been trends, and people who follow them which is ok. But my point being, that the trends these days are so superficial and are damaging peoples self-esteem because they feel they "can't look like someone on a magazine cover".
      I'm not saying that I don't like fashion, or trends...I am saying that I disagree with what they are, because in a way, they are destroying what used to be a nice planet.
      By the way...just because someone disagrees with the "norm" it doesn't automatically mean that they are going to become emo or goth or what ever you want to call. And slitting you're wrists because of a dislike of the fashion industry would be pathetic.

Actually it was a perfect chance.
      [CENTER]Haynes: this internet dies more then tupac[SIZE=6]
      REPOST POLICE
      [/SIZE]

LolGecko;260339 wrote:

ROFL:lol:
      ALL HAIL MissV!

[/CENTER]