how to make friends?

• Re: how to make friends?

amando96 wrote:

No matter how hard I try I always feel awkward around people, I don't look t them in the eyes, Don't talk much, don't want them to look at me, it's feels weird, how can i overcome this?
      I could use a few friends right now, literally don't have any.

I'm sorry to hear that man, you can write on my profile wall any time you need to talk ANYTHING out, seriously, I'll try to help you out.

As for the rest, I got better in time, though I'm no where close to perfection (oh HELL no). I'd say just be patient with yourself, don't expect yourself to become open overnight.

amando96 wrote:

No matter how hard I try I always feel awkward around people, I don't look t them in the eyes, Don't talk much, don't want them to look at me, it's feels weird, how can i overcome this?

I know what you mean mate, I only have a couple of friends, and I feel a bit lonely sometimes. :/ I find it very hard to make friends, I always try to but never seem to manage at all to be successful, I haven't made a single friend in the past 5 years it's been tough. D:

amando96 wrote:

It's gonna take a little effort on your part even if you feel uncomfortable. try being around people, even if you feel awkward try forming a conversation with someone. IT also helps if you got something you both like to talk about. Go to the skatepark and talk to people riding bikes and stuff. You have to come out of that shell.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I find it's always good to just take a deep breath and relax. Most of the time we have problems talking to/approaching people because of constant judgments and demands and criteria that we ourselves force upon our mentality. 'Oh man, she's coming my way, what am I going to talk about?!' 'Oh crap, what do I say to him now?', etc. etc.

I think you should just stay calm and realise that you could be a pretty epic friend if you give yourself the chance and let go. I know it sounds hard and it will take supreme constant effort on your part to just be yourself and have confidence in the fact that you deserve a good friend since you obviously have the means to be one yourself.
      [RIGHT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/RIGHT]

Only you can know how to make friends,,,The best advice i can give you is try talking to people and being comfortable around people...Learn making eye contact techniques and things like that..Try and make friends who are like you...Sometimes friends who are different are the best because they teach you things.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=4]Our song is a slammin' screen door, sneakin' out late tappin' on your window. <3 [/SIZE]

I'll be your friend man o.0.

I found it hard to make friends for a while when I moved here to Del Rio.
      But I was just myself. Joined t3h T3nn1s T3am. Made some friends there.
      Got into martial arts and I consider some people in there my friends.
      And I was pretty much just myself. Just a good version of myself, not a bad one.

I also just started talking to some people that sat close to me or something and I got some friends at church too.

You do not need to look at people straight in the eye. Some people just do not have the confidence, self-esteem, etc to be able to do that.
      Just settle for a spot in the middle of a persons eye brows. Or some other place close to their eyes. It's way easier.

You may also have self-esteem issues by what you described, or you may just be an introverted person. Find a sport you are good at or that you like a lot and talk to the people there.

Finding friends is not that difficult, i know its easier to say than do, but all it takes is a small nuge from yourself. Its all about self confidence....finding new friends is a grat experience, especially if they dont know you, you have a great chance to be yourself without them preteding anything from your side.

Try and work on your self confidence, this will automatically attract more ppl towards you, be fun, and bubbly, remember all friends want is to have a good time and if you show them this then there hooked....

Apart from this, anyone who needs a friend can keep in touch, ill never say no to new friends...

It's hard to find people at all around here, at least people my age, i live in a VERY rural area, which kind of sucks, i'm far away from the village, don't have a car or anything, so all i can do is sit around in front of the computer, and go for lonely walks.

But when i do meet people, i simply have no idea what to say, it doesn't help that i hate the local language, and want to get the heck out of this country ASAP.

Ideally i'd get a job and start making money right now, but with the economy the way it is, i'll have to finish highschool here(i was hoping to do it somewhere else) and then get a job and make money, so at least another 3-5 years, IF my dad doesn't die or something(he really abuses drugs and alcohol, and he helps pay for rent) so if he does go, or isn't able to work anymore, i'll have to work to pay rent...

I also have signs of Fibromyalgia, so if i do have it, i'm royally fucked.
      My mum has had it for 20 odd years, only started meds two years ago.