Date with your partner's parents?

• Date with your partner's parents?

Have you done this? It's not exactly a "date" per se but it's still like a date. Getting to know each other stuff with the parents of your partner. Well, my bf's parents are pretty cool and we don't mind going out together with them but right now since my bf's not here, I want to take them out just like what we used to do when boyfriend's around.

I really hope they'd agree and go with me and I really hope I wouldn't feel awkward with us three going out together ;)
    • Re: Date with your partner's parents?

SoyaBeanire wrote:

I like dating the parents. lol :] I've done it, also "dated" my ex's siblings. Even now that we're split I'm still very good friends with the parents and they love me like a daughter.
      And I don't think it'll be awkward with your bf away. It'll show them that even with their son not around you like them.

Right, and thanks. I think they will appreciate it 'coz I am making an effort to spend time with them and show them that even without my boyfriend, I still want to keep in touch with them. Hope it turns out alright :)

Shute wrote:

I can see doing it with him there, but I dunno, seems weird to go just you and them. Seems like wit would be awkward as hell. I wouldn't do it, but that is just me,

Are you close to the parents? I guess it would get awkward if there's no closeness between you and the parents. In my case, they are fun people and I enjoy their company. We're like friends :)

lizayolie wrote:

Have you done this? It's not exactly a "date" per se but it's still like a date. Getting to know each other stuff with the parents of your partner. Well, my bf's parents are pretty cool and we don't mind going out together with them but right now since my bf's not here, I want to take them out just like what we used to do when boyfriend's around.

I really hope they'd agree and go with me and I really hope I wouldn't feel awkward with us three going out together ;)

I've done one of those with my ex's parents. It was awkward to say the least but, after the ice was broken it's a whole lot of fun. It's good to meet his parents and for them to really get know you. My ex's family at first wanted to talk about my family and their background but once we had gotten to the table, it was all jokes and fun. Do you know where you're going for dinner? Don't do something too fancy, something simple like TGI Friday's or even Dave and Busters.
      [CENTER]i55.tinypic.com/ftn68p.jpg
      [SIZE=4]LOVE, PINK[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

hearttbeats wrote:

I've done one of those with my ex's parents. It was awkward to say the least but, after the ice was broken it's a whole lot of fun. It's good to meet his parents and for them to really get know you. My ex's family at first wanted to talk about my family and their background but once we had gotten to the table, it was all jokes and fun. Do you know where you're going for dinner? Don't do something too fancy, something simple like TGI Friday's or even Dave and Busters.

Well, actually we're going bowling. LOL! It should be fun. I'm not particularly good at bowling but hey I love taunting. They're quite fun people and bowling's one of their favorite sport so I bet this wouldn't feel so awkward ;)