Alone Forever?

• Re: Alone Forever?

Neal wrote:

So, how can destiny and atheism co-exist?

Or maybe you meant some people deserve to be forever single...

No, what I mean by "destiny" is that no matter how hard you try, you will always be alone forever, whether you deserve it or not...

DeaExMachina wrote:

No.

Everyone can get a significant other (or several). However, possibility does not ensure success. At the start of any major sports season each of those teams can win the championship but only one of them actually will. In this way we all can get someone to love and be loved by but that does not mean we shall, thankfully we have more than one person to chase down or she'd be very tired indeed.

Again, the results that someone may try hundreds of times and still be alone did not mean he was meant to be alone but that he tried and failed for a myriad of reasons yet he still had the chance that he would not be alone. The result does not create a cause.

By "can" I mean it WILL ensure success. Sorry for the confusion.
      [SIZE=4]Um...howdy! :D
      [/SIZE]

swingsandroundabouts wrote:

I don't think they are destined to be alone forever, I think you either choose to be with someone or be alone, its not predetermined or anything :)

It's not pre-determined, but some people can be alone or single forever and not ever have the choice to reject someone.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

Hell, even those guys that are sitting at home watching the old episodes of Friends, crunching on endless amounts of crisps, more than half way there to breaking the sofa, swearing at their 11 children to shut the f*ck up and go do some ironing, yelling for someone to get them another coke, and nearly passing out from smelling their armpits have a woman that he shags at the end of the day.

If this guy isn't going to die alone, I'm pretty damn sure there's no one else of a lighter weight that will.

LauraJane wrote:

Hell, even those guys that are sitting at home watching the old episodes of Friends, crunching on endless amounts of crisps, more than half way there to breaking the sofa, swearing at their 11 children to shut the f*ck up and go do some ironing, yelling for someone to get them another coke, and nearly passing out from smelling their armpits have a woman that he shags at the end of the day.

If this guy isn't going to die alone, I'm pretty damn sure there's no one else of a lighter weight that will.

Excuse me, but when you said "this guy" were you referring to me?
      [SIZE=4]Um...howdy! :D
      [/SIZE]