I feel fat after I eat .. anything.

• I feel fat after I eat .. anything.

I don't know if it's the hot weather or what, but whenever I eat something I don't feel comfortable after, even if it's the first thing of the day I eat. Even if it's something simple like a small sandwich. I hate the idea of gaining weight, but is it normal to feel this even if I don't eat much? I'm fit, but sometimes I wonder.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
    • Re: I feel fat after I eat .. anything.

I go through the exact same thing, mainly because I'm afraid of rebounding. For example I just ate chips 30 minutes ago, and since I ate them I've been like... oh god.. what have I done, oh godddd. But iunno; I'm going for my run tonight so I try to keep that in mind, that its all going to be worked off anyways.
      u=notalone
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]

Dayved wrote:

I go through the exact same thing, mainly because I'm afraid of rebounding. For example I just ate chips 30 minutes ago, and since I ate them I've been like... oh god.. what have I done, oh godddd. But iunno; I'm going for my run tonight so I try to keep that in mind, that its all going to be worked off anyways.
      u=notalone

Count calories.
      You don't need to know exactly how many.
      Just an estimate.

I am never worried about that stuff.
      Sometimes when I am overeating I am like " Man, I am not supposed to be doing this." And I stop. Sometimes.
      It's not like you will get fatter for a bag of chips...
      3.5 calories =1 pound
      as long as you do not eat 500 calories in excess every day ( without burning them ) you are fine.

The truth is this sometimes happens to your body in the summer. In the winter your body is trying to put on fat to keep warm and will crave and take in all the food you need, in the summer you body doesn't want or need that weight and will try not to digest your food as quickly.

Just eat smaller amounts a little more often and don't worry about the fat/bloated feeling, it's natural and you aren't actually getting fat.
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]"What we do in life echoes in ete[/SIZE][SIZE=3]rnity."[/SIZE]
      ~ Maximus from The Gladiator[/CENTER]

The primary question is when did this start.

I've dealt with people who go through similar situations and from your previous posts I think you might be suffering from an eating disorder. It generally comes from people who have an intense need to be what they term physically fit which takes them beyond fitness into a manic hysteria of unhealthyness.

Case in point, someone I knew was in an abusive relationship (emotional not physical). Her partner consistently told her that he would love her more if she were more like a super model and so she began to push herself. She would run six miles a day, eat nothing but baby food, and her body got very thin, her ribs well pronounced, her jaw bones rigidly defined. The idea of eating was abhorrent to her because she felt fat. Today she is a comfortable weight for her height, she is muscular, athletic, and a part time model, she isn't as detrimentally skinny anymore but she still worries she is fat all the time. You could just as well be developing the same sort of state of mind.

Something important to remember is that not eating is impractical. You like to be skinny, well not eating will cause you to gain weight. You like your muscles, well not eating will cause your body to consume your muscles before fat when it needs nourishment. Not eating is the downward spiral of your body into the opposite end of being obese and just as detrimental to your well being.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]