And thus the spat continues...

• And thus the spat continues...

Hey guys.

A few months ago, I posted a thread here about some family issues I was going through. I don't feel like explaining the thing again, so I'll just post a link to it.

teenhut.net/friends-family/974…t-where-i-had-enough.html

Anyway, the issues still continue. My sister got married around about the same time I that thread, and it created even more tension between my parents, because of the whole issue of my aunts not coming to the wedding. They have not spoken to each other after all this time (and the issues began last December). The only time they have spoken, was when my father was rude to me and my mother shouted at him (which pretty much followed by him telling her to "fuck off").
      Anyway, the situation that I posted in the previous thread it over (I think), but my parents still hate each other.
      Now, to make matters worse, my second sister is getting married in November. This will now create even more trouble. Hell, it has already started. My father shouted at my sister when she asked him to take an invitation to my one aunt, because she does not speak English well (we're Portuguese), and he sees her often (and we all really hate her. There is no denying it, she is a manipulative bitch. The only reason we are inviting her is because my father is paying for the wedding and heaven forbid you disrespect his family). Anyway, he shouted at her, and said that she is prepared to take invitations to my mother's side of the family, and not his. Which is not entirely true, because she did actually take the one invitation to my father's other sister.
      This is fucking stupid. I feel like my sisters, my cousins (except two), and I are the only sane people left in this godforsaken family.
      Now, get this. My mother now wants me to peek through my father's call log on his cellphone, because she suspects him of something, but she won't tell me what.
      I feel like telling her to do it her bloody self, because I don't want to be part of this crap any longer.
      I just want it all to end, but that won't happen until my stupid father will put his bloody pride on the shelf and just accept he was wrong. But no, he and his family of fucktards are way to precious for that.
      What should I do forum? I'm really starting to get sick of all of this.

And sorry for the long post. I really needed to get this off my chest.
      Thanks guys.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tomb ().

• Re: And thus the spat continues...

Honestly, I've been thinking about this for a while. I read it, and thought for a few hours, then read it again. I think the only thing that you can do is wait it out. Your father seems stubborn as hell and like he's not going to budge. These are family affairs which involve the adults. I know you want to get involved, and I was like that too when my grandfather's estate had to be taken care of, and some cousins tried to cut me out of everything, but one thing I learned from that is, you can't do anything.

My father went, and is going nuts over it. It's too much for someone our ages. The best thing to do is stay out of it. Don't let your mom drag you in, just say "No, I'm not getting involved." It really is what's best for you, and right now that's what you should be concerned about. When they start talking about it, leave the room. Know as little details as possible. Speak your mind ONCE if you must, but that's it. It'll be much better for you in the long run. Believe me, I've been there, and I am there. I'm much happier now that I know nothing about what's happening with feuds, money and who's doing what. I think you will be too.

I hope this helped.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: And thus the spat continues...

Gooeyswat wrote:

Honestly, I've been thinking about this for a while. I read it, and thought for a few hours, then read it again. I think the only thing that you can do is wait it out. Your father seems stubborn as hell and like he's not going to budge. These are family affairs which involve the adults. I know you want to get involved, and I was like that too when my grandfather's estate had to be taken care of, and some cousins tried to cut me out of everything, but one thing I learned from that is, you can't do anything.

My father went, and is going nuts over it. It's too much for someone our ages. The best thing to do is stay out of it. Don't let your mom drag you in, just say "No, I'm not getting involved." It really is what's best for you, and right now that's what you should be concerned about. When they start talking about it, leave the room. Know as little details as possible. Speak your mind ONCE if you must, but that's it. It'll be much better for you in the long run. Believe me, I've been there, and I am there. I'm much happier now that I know nothing about what's happening with feuds, money and who's doing what. I think you will be too.

I hope this helped.

I understand what your saying, and I'm sorry to hear what your cousins are trying to do.
      But I can't help but feel involved. Either way, I am in the cross fire. My parents refuse to talk to each other, so I'm always the one to deliver a message. Then when one is pissed off, who gets shouted at? Me.
      Plus, if you read the thread that I gave a link to, my father and his sisters tried to cheat my cousins out of money. I can't help but feel angry because I'm very close to my cousins.
      I just hate my father's side of the family. They are just messed up in the head. My one aunt is the puppet master in all of this, and everybody just falls for her bullshit, except my mother, my sisters, my two cousins (who were being cheated out of money) and I.
      Because of that, my father believes we are all against him. Though I does not say anything to me or my sisters because we just keep quiet. But I think he knows that we don't support him, and that we hate his family. Hell, we don't like our father at all anyway.
      I just want to stop it, but nobody gives a shit what I say because I'm just a stupid little teenager, which is why I just shut up.
      This is just so messed up, and I just want it all to end. But until my father just stops being such an idiot, nothing is going to change.

Anyway, thanks for you help. I'll try to exclude myself from all of this, but I still feel compelled to help.