My Mom Didnt Wish Me A Happy Birthday?

• My Mom Didnt Wish Me A Happy Birthday?

Well, on Saturday, which was the 18th of September, my own mother didnt even wish me happy birthday?
      She could have texted me, or even written on my Facebook wall, if she didnt want to tell me in person, but she didnt even do that!
      My amazing boyfriend wished me a Happy Birthday.
      My dad, and my sister both wished me a Happy Birthday.
      And my mom basically just yelled, fought, and argued with me while she was around.
      I will be the first to say we definitely dont have the best mother - daughter relationship, but I would still think that she would say something to me.
      I know she didnt forget, because my sister's birthday was that Tuesday the 14th.
      She went into her bedroom, woke her up, and told her happy birthday.
      And they went to a party on my birthday, that I didnt go too, and mentioned that it was my birthday.

I dont really know what to think of it?
      Should it not bother me?
      Because, its kind of upsetting to me that she couldnt say two simple words.
      crumbcakengaligator <3
    • Re: My Mom Didnt Wish Me A Happy Birthday?

Well parents restrict the things they say to their children when angry or upset with them. I've done so much shit in my life that there have been weeks and months that my dad has hated me and basically ignored me. If I did something remarkable during that time, he wouldn't even congratulate me and it hurt a lot. So first you need to tell us why you don't have a good relationship with your mother. What have either of you done in the past to degrade your relationship? You should worry more about how your mom feels about you and what you did to make it that way rather than focus on an effect of that, i.e. not telling you happy birthday.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

I don't agree. I don't think there's any excuse for her at least not saying Happy Birthday to you. The first thing that a family is supposed to do is love you unconditionally. They may bet pissed off at you and then may not exactly like you the whole time, but they should definitely love you. It sounds like your mom had a pretty busy day that day, and it is possible that she forgot. Not likely, just possible. When I have had things going on in the past, I have forgotten things that I never would have IMAGINED it possible for me to forget, yet it's happened anyway. I would like to think that she isn't vindictive enough to withhold saying something as simple as "Happy Birthday" to you just because she' upset with you. To me, that is a very cruel and hurtful thing to do to your daughter.

I don't know if you are really willing to talk to her about it. If you are, I suggest you do. At least allow for the possibility that this was a just a misunderstanding.

If it bothers you, then it should. Honestly it would bother the hell out of me. As said, your family, and mother are supposed to love you no matter what. Saying happy birthday is a part of that. Her actions toward you, and going to another party were also way out of line as well. For my birthday, my mother clears her schedule. It's just something she does because she loves me. Even my father, would do the same. You have every right to feel upset about how your mother acted, and that she didn't wish you a happy birthday. It may seem like something small to some people, but think about it. It represents the day you came to this earth, and your mother of all people should remember and comment on it. After all, she was a big part of that day was she not?

Now I'm not too sure what you can do. It's already been said to talk to her, but if you don't feel comfortable with that, perhaps talk to your father about it. See if he can bring it up with her, and let her know how hurt you are by the way she acted. It may be better if you do it yourself, but no matter what, I think that your feelings on this should be voiced to someone, and eventually to her.

Happy Late Birthday btw
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I've had 18 birthdays so far and for the past at least 10 my father did not wish me a happy birthday. I feel your pain.

Yes, it should bother you. However, you are a better person. You have realized your mother hasn't wished you a happy birthday, and you know that a parent should wish their children a happy birthday. Keep your head up and look forward, because you know one day your mother will need you and that will be your decision to act, not hers.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Question: Was it like an elephant in the room that you were both ignoring? Your mother not wishing you a happy birthday and you letting her(for lack of better words) get away with it?

Yes, your mother should wish you a happy birthday so your entitled to feeling upset. Absolutely. But confront her, ask her why she didn't and tell her why and how it upset you.
      To be honest you don't need to make a break through here, but just calmly get your point across to her. I do not think it would hurt to do so.

You know what I find this very sad. Yes your mother did not say happy birthday to you...but that is not the part that upsets me...the part where you said you don't have that mother daughter relationship. I would be very sad if my mom did not wish me a happy birthday, But as your parents they should atleast be able to say that on your special day of birth. Maybe you should try working on your relationship with your mommy :)...Simply help her with things...or go to her for some advice see if she helps you ask if you two can go out to dinner or somethin and really just talk things out with her. Tell her exactly what is on your mind. as for her not saying Happy Birthday to you...as upsetting as it is...try to make it a thing of the past I am sure she still loves you...just try to get closer to her...there has to be a reason she did not say those words to her own daughter. But please cheer up and keep your head up :)

Zdravstvuytye.

I have been brought up to know that parents are always the ones who should most strongly wish you a happy birthday. You see, a birthday is not just a child thing. It is also something for the parents too. It is the day that you were born, but for them it was the day that their precious child came into the world. For that reason alone, any parent should feel proud, happy and wish you a happy birthday, and do what they can do make it happy. I believe that your mother was very much in the wrong, and it is right for you to be bothered about this.

In Russia birthdays are treated very much in the same way (except we sometimes give birthday pies instead of cakes haha). Parents are always loving on birthdays - hey, even classmates and teachers often give a small gift of some sort. Now I know that other places are perhaps not this way around the world, but people at least wish you a happy birthday, and to be honest I think your mother should feel a little ashamed of herself for not doing so. I think that, if you have the confidence to do so, you should talk to her about this.

Much love dude :)

From Anya x
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]