Zodiac signs. accurate?

• Zodiac signs. accurate?

hey guys i've always been really interested in zodiac signs and Greek/Norse mythology.

Feel that most zodiac signs are accurate especially since mine is Aries, even before learning about Zodiac signs i remember reading a book about Ares the greek god of war and how i fell inlove with him because out of all the other gods he suited me perfectly..then later in my early teens when i started reading about general greek mythology i ran into Zodiac signs researching more i realized that i was an Aries.
      normally this wouldn't really get me too excited because i believe in simple coincidence, but after reading more about my zodiac signs i started to notice little things that were true about me, having short relationships, short tempered, inlove with the color red, possibly wanting to join the malitary..etc here are some notes about Aries from "astrologyweekly" that i found was true about myself. if you're not interested you can skip to the question in the end but this stuff is really interesting.

i feel that it is so accurate that if you wana know who i am just read about Aries and it will define me...so accurate almost creepy.

The Ram
      March 21 to April 20 Aries Traits

Adventurous and energetic
      Pioneering and courageous
      Enthusiastic and confident
      Dynamic and quick-witted
      On the dark side...

Selfish and quick-tempered
      Impulsive and impatient
      Foolhardy and daredevil

Astrology of Aries: Love and Relationships
      Your stubborn independence often leads to loneliness, particularly in short-tempered Arians. The need to lead, to explore, to pioneer, often translates to impatience in relationships. At first, a new relationship will be supercharged, fiery, passionate in every way. But as it begins to settle and mature, you are likely to get bored, and begin looking for that excitement elsewhere. This constant relationship "exploring" may be fun at first, but the bouncing around could ultimately get very depressing, as you later find yourself without the long-term companionship others enjoy.
      Your ideal partnerships are with the other two fire signs, Leo and Sagittarius—you have a great deal in common with both. Aries and Libra is an excellent match of opposites, however—it mates Mars with Venus, and many secondary Arian character traits are primary with Libra, and vice-versa.
      Those partnerships you should avoid are with Pisces (too sentimental for you), Gemini (too much bickering), and Virgo (too fussy for you)

You are the most naturally athletic of any sign in the zodiac. Your body is your vehicle of life, and you tend to it well. Excellence in sports, which others struggle to achieve, comes rather easily to you, as if you were born to it. You are most effective in individual sports, such as track and field or tennis, and your independent spirit only furthers your drive for success. There is a particular affinity for metal in this sign, so an individual sport that combines with that—such as shooting, fencing, bicyciing, or race-car driving, is ideal.

Since Aries is a sign of such vitality and youth, health problems are fortunately uncommon. If anything, they occur not by chance but by your own doing, such as overexertion, overwork, or frustration from being in a situation where your strengths are not being employed. Headaches from an overtaxed system are the most frequent maladies (having sprung from the head of Zeus, this should come as no surprise!). When you are laid up, you feel utterly useless and depressed, because your primary vehicle is out of order. But in general, good health is certainly one quality you can boast of—yet another reason for you to be envied.

MY Comments: i'm a natural athlete, i definately love fast cars and speed, never struggled wit any illness, nor have i ever been to a doctor or taken any drugs for being sick....i only remember being sick once in my life.

ANYWAYS!

I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN LONG SOOO. onto my question.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR ZODIAC SIGN FITS YOU? WHY OR WHY NOT? A GOOD SITE TO FIND A DECENT MELT DOWN OF YOUR SIGN IS ASTROLOGYWEEKLY.COM.

UNDER.
      zODIAC SIGNS (LEFT CORNER)----> SUN SIGNS.
      goodbye teen forums..heh despite the assholes on here i got some decent help from many of you. :) my thanks.
    • Re: Zodiac signs. accurate?

I'm a Libra and, to an extent, most descriptions of what a Libra is supposedly like do fit me pretty well. However, I'm not a firm believer in the whole astrology business.

If they were always accurate, there would only be 12 personalities in the world (with perhaps a few small differences depending on the individual), and we all know that's not true. For some people they really fit, and for some they don't, and whether they do or not is more coincidence than anything, I think.

Esmo also brought up a good point that they're written in a vague enough way as to apply to a large number of people, which makes them seem more accurate than they really are.
      [CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]The point is, the only real tools we have are our eyes and our heads. It's not the act of seeing with our own eyes alone; it's correctly comprehending what we see. Laying open the guts of the world and sniffing the entrails, that's what we do.[/FONT][/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

Astrology works because it manages to make generic statements that apply to most/the majority of people and make them sound tailored to you. Not to mention that much of the time I've found horoscopes that are genuinely wrong.

Thats true, it is only accurate to those that believe in it,
      if it says someone should be a certain way, then that person believes it in some ways it changes them a bit,

but the weekly predictions or monthly predictions are rubbish,
      i could check one news paper and if i dont like my star-fortune i'd just check another :p

Esmo wrote:

Astrology works because it manages to make generic statements that apply to most/the majority of people and make them sound tailored to you. Not to mention that much of the time I've found horoscopes that are genuinely wrong.

This

Astrology is the mass cultural delusion that somehow the alignment of the stars arbitrary to the time of your birth somehow effects your personality-sheldon cooper Big bang theory

Personally i dont believe in Astrology, ya to people who do believe in them they might be correct, i just hate the fact that somehow there is a force dictating what you do through the day, it makes the unscripted daily life seem less valid or special, i would hate if everyone who was a leo had the exact same day as me, that would just make life seem less important, like we dont decide what we do with our lives, like its already been planned out, and every other person since the dawn of time will have had the same life. As Esmo said, the horoscopes are vague and easily to apply to every persons day, and when you read the descriptions of what people from the zodiac dates they are all generic, like you love adventure, or you like to strive for your goals, which can apply to nearly every person. Just my two cents on the subject.
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

Esmo is right. The descriptions of every zodiac sign are generalised and often contain both side of the coin "You could be timid and shy or outrageously extroverted". To explain this mass generalisation they pass it off as "depending on your moon sign" or what "planet you're ruled by". That, and you tend to ignore the statements that don't fit you.

As far as the predictions go, it works by shifting your focus. By telling you that something is going to happen your subconscious mind focuses on that particular aspect of your life. By focusing on it you see any little sign that could fulfill the prophecy.

Having said all this, I still like to play around with them. At the very least it's a bit of fun.