Do guys really care?

• Do guys really care?

I mean, when a girl has a horrible night, and she tells the guy about it and he says sweet things like, "It'll be alright, I'm sure. I love you very much," is the guy just saying it to sound good to the girl or because he feels he has to care because they're dating or does he genuinely just care?
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!
    • Re: Do guys really care?

Only you can know that answer. Every guy is different, as every girl is different. I've seen some guys just lie their asses off from morning to night, just to get into a girls pants. I can also say I've seen guys who really are sweet and genuine, and they mean every bit of what they say. Really, you just have to fish through people to find out, the only way you'll ever know if this guy means what he says is if he can stick with you through thick and thin. Seeing as you're over the phone, it's a tad more difficult to tell, but you could also tell through body language. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can never know, just hope you're not falling into a trap.

Does that guy I see out my window walking across the campus care that there's a bus that can take him to the Denny's down the street in about fifteen minutes?

I really have no idea either. I suppose it would be pretty subjective.

So is a guy caring about your problems. Some of them are going to because they are genuine and they care about whether or not you had a good day. Some of them aren't going to, because they have other things on their mind and are preoccupied, or they just don't really care all that much. There's no way to make the blanket statement that "All guys are <fill in the blank>", because everyone is different. I'm quite sure that there are plenty of girls who couldn't give a crap when their boyfriend has a bad day. Everyone is different.

Personally some guys say things just to feed a girl a line, to tell her what she wants to hear. Often referred to as a player, however people see them. Based on your chemistry and depth of your relationship with your spouse, you should truly know how they feel about you, what they're saying is genuine.

Every relationship is built on the foundation of trust, if you honestly believe yours is, you have nothing worry about, and you should be able to take in what they say and keep it as something special, you know?

Don't beat yourself up about this type of stuff, matter of the fact is, you know if it's real or not. Don't get caught up in a dream fantasy land.

I get what you guys are saying...all guys are different. I guess what I was really wondering was whether more guys are just saying what they think the girl wants, or if more guys actually feel bad when the girl they (presumably) care about feels bad...but there's really no way to figure that out ha. Sort of a sociology question I guess ha.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

Musicaddicted wrote:

I get what you guys are saying...all guys are different. I guess what I was really wondering was whether more guys are just saying what they think the girl wants, or if more guys actually feel bad when the girl they (presumably) care about feels bad...but there's really no way to figure that out ha. Sort of a sociology question I guess ha.

Normally from what I know, a lot of my friends and myself, will not tell a girl anything truly sweet unless we mean it, as I previously said, based on your relationship with that person, you should know if they mean it or not, whether they're saying it just to make you happy or not.

Honestly, I tell the girl to go talk to one of her girlfriends if i don't care what she has to say, and yes she usually gets pissed off but, would she rather me lie to her? doubt it. Yes, some guy's do care, yes some guy's don't care, but it really depends. Some guy's act like they care just to get into her pants as well, and are push overs and still don't get what they want.

Well like everyone says people are different, and guys are no exception.
      But I would like to add, that some guys will say nice things and listen, even though he might not care that much about that particular thing you're telling him at that moment, BUT because he does care about you.
      I wouldn't say this makes it any less genuine or makes him fake, because we can't always be equally interested in everything. But as long as he's making an effort because he genuinely cares for you, and not just to take advantage of you... I'd say he's a "good guy".

All of this is of course dependant on what you're telling him.
      And for all I know I might get flamed by a million girls for saying this... :p
      But that's my oppinion anyway.

He doesn't always have to care that much about the stuff you're telling him about, but he does have to care about you.

Hmmm so, James, you're saying that it doesn't really matter if a guy cares about the subject or what's wrong, just that he cares about the the girl? That makes sense I suppose.

And, I'm just going to say that I love my guy and trust him a lot...I know that he is a very sweet person and that he means what he says to me. I don't think he cares about what I talk about all the time (i'm not that naive) but I do know that he cares about me, and I about him. I am just kind of curious about how guys think about this kind of stuff...I mean, would you guys pretend to care just to get some or to placate your girl?
      ~*~

Musicaddicted wrote:

Hmmm so, James, you're saying that it doesn't really matter if a guy cares about the subject or what's wrong, just that he cares about the the girl? That makes sense I suppose.

And, I'm just going to say that I love my guy and trust him a lot...I know that he is a very sweet person and that he means what he says to me. I don't think he cares about what I talk about all the time (i'm not that naive) but I do know that he cares about me, and I about him. I am just kind of curious about how guys think about this kind of stuff...I mean, would you guys pretend to care just to get some or to placate your girl?

If I truly was not interested in what she was upset about I would probably do my best not to show it, but not because I'm trying to get in her pants, I just wouldn't want to upset her is all.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Agassi ().

I think it depends quite a lot on the subject you're discussing. I mean if he didn't care that your grandpa had died or something like that, obviously it would be a problem. But personally I don't think it's a big deal if he doesn't really care that much your new pair of shoes got thrashed.
      It works both ways the same is true if a girl doesn't care about that new game you bought being delayed a week or other stuff in that category.

Personally I have pretended to care more about something a girl was telling me about, than I really did. Simply for the reason that I liked her.
      Make no mistake though, the fact that I don't care much about the actual subject doesn't mean I won't happily listen to it if a girl I care about wants to tell me.