am i depressed? :/

• am i depressed? :/

Hi people, I feel sad and tired most of the time, I have a hard time deciding on things, my sleep order is wierd, little or too much especially on the weekends (i know thats not normal), and nights hard to sleep because of constant worrying. My friend is always talking about another friend which he is somewhat together with her and always talking about her and stuff(the one from my last post), I get annoyed by it but never say anything, I dont think they want my response. Anyways I got another friend, shes not really talking to me anymore because im to quiet and thinks I dont care about anything(i do care about them) even small talk, she gets mad when i say idk, oh, or ok when online and always trying to get me to talk more and be more fun. For real, i have a hard time keeping a convo going. I feel I cant being joy into there lives like entertain them and fun stuff. Other friend mentioned earlier can by alot more than me, that what makes me sad and lonely on the inside. I always had a feeling if I ever moved away would things be better or they would still need me. I worry about the future alot, if anything good will come to me or its a failure. I have failed at alot of things in the past and dont know what to think.

i appreciate your help
    • Re: am i depressed? :/

nvpwrd wrote:

Hi people, I feel sad and tired most of the time, I have a hard time deciding on things, my sleep order is wierd, little or too much especially on the weekends (i know thats not normal), and nights hard to sleep because of constant worrying. My friend is always talking about another friend which he is somewhat together with her and always talking about her and stuff(the one from my last post), I get annoyed by it but never say anything, I dont think they want my response. Anyways I got another friend, shes not really talking to me anymore because im to quiet and thinks I dont care about anything(i do care about them) even small talk, she gets mad when i say idk, oh, or ok when online and always trying to get me to talk more and be more fun. For real, i have a hard time keeping a convo going. I feel I cant being joy into there lives like entertain them and fun stuff. Other friend mentioned earlier can by alot more than me, that what makes me sad and lonely on the inside. I always had a feeling if I ever moved away would things be better or they would still need me. I worry about the future alot, if anything good will come to me or its a failure. I have failed at alot of things in the past and dont know what to think.

i appreciate your help

Okay. I broke it down for you, so you can understand a lot more.

• A lot of people feel sad and down. But that doesn't mean they are depressed. Depression is a small word for such a big feeling and mood. I wouldn't look up "depression" or "depressed" on the internet because nine out of ten times when someone does, they tend to start to act upon it. Meaning a person that feels down all the time looks up the word depression even though physically and emotionally they aren't depressed they tend to act out on those results. You won't know unless someone states you as a depressed person. Doctors are trained to do so and they might be able to help.
      • Your sleep pattern will be messed up if you work and/or go to school. Because your body isn't use to getting up early and having to go to bed early. And most people tend to sleep in late during the weekend to catch up on the sleep they lost during the week because of events. Some depressed people tend to never sleep and then there are those that sleep because they can't face another day. That's not always correct. It depends on the person and the person's brain order and function.
      • Just because you can't keep a conversation going doesn't mean you're depressed. It could mean you're not a good conversation holder. Some people tend to be that way. Depressed people steer clear of talk and keep to theirselves most of the time.
      • Everyone worries about the future. Whether their work will take them to where they want to be or not. Everyone goes through this phase. Some worse than others. Once again, it depends on the person. A successful person can master everything and still sit down and worry about their next steps in life.
      People on the internet can not help you form a straight on meaning to why you are feeling this way. That's why it's important to see a doctor so they can rule out what's wrong.
    • Re: am i depressed? :/

Dysfunctional|Murder wrote:

Okay. I broke it down for you, so you can understand a lot more.
      • A lot of people feel sad and down. But that doesn't mean they are depressed. Depression is a small word for such a big feeling and mood. I wouldn't look up "depression" or "depressed" on the internet because nine out of ten times when someone does, they tend to start to act upon it. Meaning a person that feels down all the time looks up the word depression even though physically and emotionally they aren't depressed they tend to act out on those results. You won't know unless someone states you as a depressed person. Doctors are trained to do so and they might be able to help.
      • Your sleep pattern will be messed up if you work and/or go to school. Because your body isn't use to getting up early and having to go to bed early. And most people tend to sleep in late during the weekend to catch up on the sleep they lost during the week because of events. Some depressed people tend to never sleep and then there are those that sleep because they can't face another day. That's not always correct. It depends on the person and the person's brain order and function.
      • Just because you can't keep a conversation going doesn't mean you're depressed. It could mean you're not a good conversation holder. Some people tend to be that way. Depressed people steer clear of talk and keep to theirselves most of the time.
      • Everyone worries about the future. Whether their work will take them to where they want to be or not. Everyone goes through this phase. Some worse than others. Once again, it depends on the person. A successful person can master everything and still sit down and worry about their next steps in life.
      People on the internet can not help you form a straight on meaning to why you are feeling this way. That's why it's important to see a doctor so they can rule out what's wrong.

Agreed with smart lady :cool:
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]