should I ask her out? what should I do?!?

• should I ask her out? what should I do?!?

Hey guys, i've been on this forum for about a year now and finally made an account because i fell like i should finally ask someone for advice and you guys have given out good advices =].

anyways i'll try to make this short.

So i live in residence at my university and i met this one girl at a concert/event. I met her through my other friend. At first I didn't really take notice of her but later that night we all went clubbing and I started talking to her and dancing to her, and eventually grinding with her. Point is that that night I felt like a made a connection with her.

The problem is that I find her hard to read and I don't know how she feels.

We were both drunk that night and so we were pretty flirty near the end of the night. I decided that i'm not going to try anything on her tonight so i walked to her to her room and said good night, hope she had fun, etc and got her number.

So over the next few weeks we started talking and texting and it seems like she was into me, but when we hang out in person then it she acts like we're just normal friends or even just acquaintances. I thought ok maybe she isn't into me after all and she was just drunk that night.

Then another night there was some parties at residence and she was drunk again and I was DJing for the party. she comes up to me, saying i'm the best and whatnot, just completely over me. so at that time i'm thinking "what the heck? what is she feeling?!?" night pretty much ended the same as the night i met her.

Now i feel like i'm just one of those guys that drunk girls and fool around with and forget about them in the morning. I talked to our mutual friend about it and she said that even though she acted like she was in love with me when she was drunk, shes doing it for a reason subconsciously, if that makes sense.

I have given her hints that i'm attracted to her such as supporting her with her academics and decisions, helping her out whenever i can, taking care of her when she parties too hard and make sure shes safe in her room at the end of the night. sometimes when i try to compliment her in a way that says "i want to be more than a friend with you" she seems to stop texting/talking to me. sometimes she has a legit excuse and sometimes its never mentioned.

we text a lot but then one month i decided to put her to a little test. since i'm always the one to initiate a conversation I decided to just wait until she starts a conversation, essentially come to me instead of me always coming to her, like I wanted her to show me shes interested. needless tos ay we stopped talking for a month.

We recently started talking and its the same. sometimes i think shes interested and sometimes I think she doesn't think i exist in the world. I'm terrible at reading people's body language so i'm getting mixed feelings about this.

Ok here are the questions and what i'm aware of:

1. I know that i haven't asked her directly how she feels about me, mainly because we're both pretty focussed with school (its one reason why i'm attracted to her) so I don't have the chance to ask her in person, which is how i want to do it.

2. Should I still go for her? or move on? and if i should, how should i go about it without making it too awkward.

3. Its the holidays, and i'm thinking of buying her a gift. would it be a good time if i'm planning to ask her out.

4. I mentioned that I've given her hints that i'm attracted to her, but is it too much or too little?

Sorry i made this a long post guys, but this has been bugging me and i want to ask her out during the holidays because we have time to hangout and meet. the big question is after everything i've told you guys, should I still try? or has she already given me the signals that she just wants to be friends? She is very special to me.

Thanks

if you need more info on this i'd be glad to share it to a certain extent of course =P

The post was edited 1 time, last by Heather: Took request to move thread out. ().

• Re: should I ask her out? what should I do?!?

It my opinion it sounds like she's not that into you. You did a smart thing by seeing if she would text/talk to first and if a girl does that it's a key sign that she likes. But since she didn't, and with the other experiences it sounds like she's not that into you. If you really want to know, just ask her up front and directly.

thanks guys for the response. i agree with both of you.

There is a possibility that she never texted me back because november has our midterm and almost final exam season, and she really works hard in school which i do admire. also her friend have said she is a pretty busy girl.

She doesn't text/talk to me first on say a regular day or something. but she does do it when its something a bit more special like my birthday or when i'm done an exam she'll ask me how i did and stuff like that.

i'm definately going to ask her straight up though

It seems that the times she's most clear in her feelings toward you is when she's drunk. The problem with that being that people generally aren't the most clear about what they think or feel when they have a high blood-alcohol level. This is the main reason why it's not always a great idea to get hammered among people you have a confusing relationship with.

The best advice is what everyone has already told you. Honesty is the best policy in this case. Her signals are convoluted, and the only real way to know where you stand is to just get it over with and ask her. Maybe you will get a good response, and maybe you won't. But at the very least, you are going to know where you stand.