Friend triangle-thing

• Friend triangle-thing

(Names in this aren't true..)
      Me and my two best friends (example names: Lauren and SSophie) have known each other since we were born, and any arguments we've had we've managed to get over, but when we came to secondary school, they started to drift off and became pretty close (compared to what they are to me). We're still really close, but recently our other best friend (lets name her Kate) started some arguements off, and she's been doing stuff like that for a year now. All of our other friend talk about her behind her back, and say they hate her (yet when tey are with her they act as though they're best friends -.-). Me and her are really close, and I know I can talk with her about anything, whereas with 'Lauren and Sophie' I can't because they'd be judgemental and would probably drift away even more. But I don't want to lose them, and if I stay friends with 'Kate' I will. But if I sstop being friends with 'Kate' she'd tell everyone a really big secret she knows about me. I'm really not sure what to do, because I know the reason for her behaviour change so I'm really confused.
      Any help? :confused:
    • Re: Friend triangle-thing

One, if Kate would tell people a secret about you, she's not a real friend.
      Two, if your other friends would ditch you just because you're friends with someone else, they're not real friends.

Okay, well I think you just need to balance out your friendship. Talk to Sophie and Lauren about how you want to stay friends with all of them. The four of you don't have to hang out together, but you can hang out with Kate sometimes, and also with Sophe and Lauren other times. There's nothing wrong with that is there? I would never want to give up a friend I'm able to tell anything to. (though if she'd go tell someone a secret...) But I also wouldn't want to give up such old friends if I still enjoy being with them. So all in all, it's either you just have to balance out the friendships, or pick who deep down inside you'd rather be friends with in the long run.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]