Make up and clothes for party. Advice please.

• Make up and clothes for party. Advice please.

Off to a party on Saturday night need some beauty/make up advice.
      It's my first proper party where I won't know everyone there. It's a 19th Birthday party. I really would like to have some form action. Not a one night stand but a bit of a kiss would be nice. It's been a while. I'm not desperate. When I read this it sounds desperate. But I'm not.

1) I wear glasses can't wear contacts. Risk the night minus glasses?

2) Seeing as I wear glasses if I do wear glasses can I put fake lashes on, just small ones to put some emphasis on my eyes. Or would mascara be the best?

3) Curly hair or straight hair. Or any other suggestions I could do? Also considering straightening my fringe to it's full length then poofing a bit up the back. I currently have a thick full fringe and layered hair.

4) I've got very very pale skin. So I was considering getting rid of the red blotches, pale foundation, powder, little pink blush, dark pink lips or dark brown lips, green tones for eyeshadow with black eyeliner or silvery eyeshadows or black liquid eyeliner and pink shadow. I have very dark eyes at the moment (they change constantly). Or screw that totally natural. So a little foundation, a little mascara, a bit of lipgloss, a little blush. What do you think? Any other suggestions? Note: I don't pile on layers and layers.

5) Clothes? Shorts, tights or fish nets, black t-shirt, tartan blazer, black calf length corset flat boots or grey and red two toned high heels? Black skinny jeans, long black jumper with patterns of dice on the shoulder with same high heels? Skinny jeans with black t-shirt, blazer? Dark purple jumper, dark green checked shorts, black boots, leather jacket? Black panelled dress that zips up the front, boots or heels again, leather jacket? Or something totally different? Suggestions.

I realise this is a lot of question and a lot to read but help would be nice. I'd like to make an impression. But a good one.

Thanks x
    • Re: Make up and clothes for party. Advice please.

1) I wear glasses too. There is a few really good tutorials on make-up for glasses on you-tube, but I am a fan of Michelle Phan. Here's some links.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-EqPzSiRA]YouTube - Makeup For Glasses[/ame]
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeT7CsUdEsk&feature=channel]YouTube - Smokey Royal Blue With Glasses[/ame]
      I am afraid I can't find my favourite one, but that should help.

2) It depends on your glasses. Small ones should be fine though.

3) I LOVE curly hair, but that's because I have really straight hair. Just by your photo on your profile it doesn't look like you're too emo/scene so I would probably not do the poofed up back thing. But really, it's your preference.

4) Foundation is a MUST! With glasses it's best to use a mineral foundation as it won't smudge as easily. Try to avoid a brown lip colour, it can make your teeth look yellow. Go for a berry sort of colour. Fit your eye shadow to your outfit. Make sure it compliments.

5) It's hard to say with your clothes, as I can't see them. Just make sure you pick something that flatters your body shape.