CDs Rant

• Figured this would be the proper place to post one of my many rants. This particular one is about CDs.
      ---------------------

CDs! I love CDS and think of myself as quite the audiophile. Now, I know some folks are merely casual listeners of this art, so this particular rant is for my fellow music lovers.

What urks me about CDs are the following:

Number 1: Those idiotic stickers they put on the spines of CDs. These things are ANNOYING. You rip them off, only to have some sticky RESIDUE left on your case, which quickly collects all sorts of dirt, and grime, and for some reason, CAT HAIR, from a cat you don't own! It's ANNOYING!

Number 2: DIGIPAKS. These are CDs whose actual case is a flimsy piece of cardboard with PRINTED GRAPHICS ON IT. "Well, what's wrong with that?" Well, for one, the whole case (which is also the album art) is now easily susceptible to all sorts of wear and tear. "Well, we're saving the environment by using biodegradable packaging." LOAD OF CRAP. Paper is cheaper than plastic. That's why they manufacture them.

Number 3: Security tags that are not only inside the CD case, but are actually stuck ON the artwork itself. Then, when you try to remove it, your CD artwork is either warped, or ripped, and is now COMPLETELY RUINED! This needs to be outlawed. Put a security tag on a blank piece of paper and stick it inside the booklet! Simple! Stop ruining my album artwork!

Number 4: Now I know this ticks off JUST ABOUT EVERYONE – COPYRIGHT PROTECTION. You usually find out a disc has copyright protection when you put it in your disc drive, and your whole computer FREEZES! PERMENANTLY! BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

And then the record companies wonder why no one is buying CDs anymore. No one is buying them because they completely took the fun out of owning CDs! If you want to increase sales, stop screwing with the packaging, get rid of those top spine stickers, and those idiotic security tags, and the copyright protection crap that messes up your computer! And more importantly, sign some good bands!! No one is going to buy CDs from bands that suck! Don't make me go back to vinyl!

That is precisely why I buy less CDs. I make my own customized ones from LimeWire.
      Cheers,<br />~Catracoth<br />----------------<br />I Luv Alias!