Religion

• So I've been to church today. And I have a question. The Bible say's that we God gave us free will right? But the priest today said we are all just a part of Gods great plan. So that means we don't have a free will after all. And there are many more of such mistakes in religion. So what do you think? :confused:
      R.I.P. Jimmy"The Rev"Sullivan
      I hope you found your little piece of heaven.
    • Re: Religion

"I started to question all this stupid hat shit when I was a kid. When I was a kid, I was a catholic, uh, at least until I reached the age of reason. So I was a catholic for about two, two and a half years. Something like that. And during that time one of the things they told us was, if a boy or a man went into a church, he had to remove his hat in order to honour the presence of God - BUT - they had already told me that God was everywhere. So I used to wonder... well, if God is everywhere, why would you even own a hat? Why not show your respect don't even buy a fuckin' hat?"
      - George Carlin
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

DamnImGood wrote:

"I started to question all this stupid hat shit when I was a kid. When I was a kid, I was a catholic, uh, at least until I reached the age of reason. So I was a catholic for about two, two and a half years. Something like that. And during that time one of the things they told us was, if a boy or a man went into a church, he had to remove his hat in order to honour the presence of God - BUT - they had already told me that God was everywhere. So I used to wonder... well, if God is everywhere, why would you even own a hat? Why not show your respect don't even buy a fuckin' hat?"
      - George Carlin

Plus don't the fathers in Church wear hats? Personally, I only go to church on holidays, and that's because my family generally forces me to. It's like two hours of hell (haha) before I get to finally go home.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]They see me trollin'...they hatin'... Moderatin'...Tryna catch me writin dirty.[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

T-Pain wrote:

Plus don't the fathers in Church wear hats?

Only the Pope and the Cardinals would wear Hats maybe a few more im not sure, but Priests would not wear a hat. That rule is not really practiced much anymore. I have seen many guys wear hats during cold weather and such, its supposed to be about being respectful in Gods house but it along with other silly rules are much more lenient now compared to say 70 years ago. Like my parents told me that when they were growing up, they could not eat anything from 6pm on the Saturday until you went to mass on Sunday morning, now its only an hour before you get communion you have to fast. There are little silly rules in the Church that have no real relevance to being a good Christian and a lot of them should be abolished imo.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Esmo wrote:

Ephesians 1.

I think with Ephesians 1, it is only saying that there is predestination but only for Heaven, like no one was determined before they were born that they would go to Hell, its only through their actions in life because of Free will that would have led to them going to Hell. So like Mary would have been predestined to go to Heaven because she would have been the mother of Jesus etc.
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

kopite wrote:

I think with Ephesians 1, it is only saying that there is predestination but only for Heaven, like no one was determined before they were born that they would go to Hell, its only through their actions in life because of Free will that would have led to them going to Hell. So like Mary would have been predestined to go to Heaven because she would have been the mother of Jesus etc.

Except that there are only two types of people: those who are saved and those who aren't. So if you're not predestined to be saved then you're predestined to condemnation.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

Except that there are only two types of people: those who are saved and those who aren't. So if you're not predestined to be saved then you're predestined to condemnation.

Well thats where free will comes into it, its up to you whether you want to be be saved or not, we are given the free will to choose what happens to us in the Afterlife (if you believe there is an afterlife of course) but if you live your life the best way you can then you are on your way to being saved. We are all going to sin, thats just how humans are, we sin everyday but if you repent or if your not Christian try and not to repeat the sin that you made then you will be saved.
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

kopite wrote:

Well thats where free will comes into it, its up to you whether you want to be be saved or not, we are given the free will to choose what happens to us in the Afterlife (if you believe there is an afterlife of course) but if you live your life the best way you can then you are on your way to being saved. We are all going to sin, thats just how humans are, we sin everyday but if you repent or if your not Christian try and not to repeat the sin that you made then you will be saved.

But free will doesn't come into the passage. It expressly says that those who will be saved had been designated as such since the beginning.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Well I'm atheist so these things never worry me :D You should try it some time, It's blissful :p
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

urnsek wrote:

So I've been to church today. And I have a question. The Bible say's that we God gave us free will right? But the priest today said we are all just a part of Gods great plan. So that means we don't have a free will after all. And there are many more of such mistakes in religion. So what do you think? :confused:

It's not mistake. Bible has no mistakes in it. Religion has no mistakes.

Its original divine scriptures have been corrupted and mistreated by the sinful infidels and unbelievers.

Some of its meaning has been lost in translation as well.

When you say Bible says this, Bible says that, are you aware that Bible consist of about 90 books.

If you don’t believe me go to mount Sinai and ask. I also recommend The Passion of the Christ.

By the end of the movie you should have learned this by heart:

He was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; by His
      wounds we are healed.

It might help one grave day.

If free will is bothering you think of it this way: free will is sort of moral responsibility.

Moral responsibility? Never heard of it? It actually means you are responsible for what you do. You are responsible for your actions. And you are moral person.

God's Great Plan is the plan to eradicate sin. I think you know what that means!

You got your free will but you had better watch out what you do with it.

The post was edited 4 times, last by BeThatAsItMay ().

BeThatAsItMay wrote:

God's Great Plan is the plan to eradicate sin. I think you know what that means!

If God's great plan was to eradicate sin, why bother with humans in the first place?
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Yoshi wrote:

I'm really hope that BeThatAsItMay is a troll.

He is saying what he believes is right and adding to the discussion. Instead of bashing him why not debate what he says and try and put you own point across. This is supposed to be an intelligent debate we are having. Not taking snap shots at people because they think differently to they way you do.

Yoshi wrote:

I'm really hope that BeThatAsItMay is a troll.
      His posts don't consist of trolling any more than your low and insolent posts do.

BeThatAsItMay wrote:

Religion has no mistakes.
      If religion had no mistakes, then you'd have to consider every religion as being the "right one." And that isn't feasibly possible.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by LuklaAdvocate ().