Am I depressed?.

• Am I depressed?.

Hi. My name is Kevin and I was wondering if you think that I am depressed and how I can do something about it. Ok, so one of my main problems is that I really have trouble approaching new people. To people that see me, they wouldn't think that I am shy at all but if you put me in a room full of strangers without any of my friends, I probably wouldn't talk to anybody much...
      I never get invited to any parties like I did when there were only a few. Like 90% of my friends end up going how ever I am never invited. They have all made a lot of new friends but for me its pretty much the same friends from the past few years. You could think of me as like one of those kids that is friends with most people but like doesn't see them after school... I'm so pathetic I'm in 10th grade and I'm still square... All those friday nights where people are out having a good time, I'm just locked in my room on my computer... I don't know what to do. I feel so down all the time, mostly when I'm at home... because I feel very unwanted.
      I think that if I had a girlfriend or something, I would have someone to be with and I wouldn't feel so helpless and constantly lonely. I just have to take more chances and try talking to more people, just my selfesteem, although it may seem high, it is low... Is there like anyway that I could get anti-depressant pills or something without a perscription? I live in Canada and I'm not worried about the cost its just that I wouldn't want my family to find out since they would probably just laugh at me....
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [size=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/size]
    • Re: Am I depressed?.

trust me i dont think a girlfriend would help at the moment, probably make you more scared.

this is an easy fix, you just gotta get out there, meet new people, I used to be like you, but you cant go through life like that, go up and say hi to people, ask them what there doing or what there into and start to talk about things, you can make so many friends easily, its just experience, just get out there and make it happen everyday and the fear goes away
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Well as has been said, you need to get out there more. How do you do this? Well you can't just go to parties you're not invited to, so maybe you have to make the first move with people. Start inviting your in school friends to hang out outside of school. It's shows them you want more than an in school friendship. I've found that people will invite me places more, if I invite them to something first. Otherwise, they just consider me an in school friend. So why not expand your social life by just asking a few people "Hey, you want to hang out with a few people tonight?"

And maybe while going through this you get a girlfriend, but don't go looking for a relationship just to help you with this. Have one because you like the girl.

You already seem to know that you need to take some chances: "I just have to take more chances and try talking to more people"
      When you have low self esteem, this can be a scary thing. Dealing with people you're not so comfortable with is hard. This is why you should stick with people you kind of know, and are already on a speaking basis with.

Are you depressed? No, you just have some self esteem issues, and you want more of a social life. That's normal for someone your age. It doesn't mean you need any drugs or anything. It just means you got to step out and of your comfort zones a little bit to make some new friends.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Just be assertive and ask people what they are doing after school and if they say nothing be like 'wanna hang out?' A couple weeks of hanging out with a certain group and they will start including you with everything.

If you sit back and do nothing, people just think you are busy or hanging out with other people so they don't even bother asking if you wanna chill.
      [SIZE=4]Jesus. [/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]