To run or not to run?

• To run or not to run?

Okay guys, I really need some help!! I'm 16 years old, and I have a boyfriend who is 19 years old. My parents hate him and they dont want me hanging out with him, but they dont understand how I feel about him. I actually do love him, and Im not just being stupid. Trust me, I've thought about it, and he has proven in more ways than one than he loves me too. He would never let anything hurt me, and my world is perfect when I'm with him. The problem is my parents though. They are always telling me Im nothing but a liar and its hurting me so bad. I think I may run away, but if I do, there's no way I could ever return... So what do you think I should do?? :confused:
    • Re: To run or not to run?

MissV wrote:

I think you should consider your parents before your boyfriend.

i agree.

i dont understand how all these members on here think they are old enough to run things on their own.

ya know what...forget everything I said before. go run away with him. enjoy living in your one-bedroom shack, working in walmart/some fast-food chain for the rest of your life, and giving blowjobs on street corners to make ends meet.

Phuck Buddy wrote:

i agree.

i dont understand how all these members on here think they are old enough to run things on their own.

ya know what...forget everything I said before. go run away with him. enjoy living in your one-bedroom shack, working in walmart/some fast-food chain for the rest of your life, and giving blowjobs on street corners to make ends meet.

amen to that!
      [CENTER]Haynes: this internet dies more then tupac[SIZE=6]
      REPOST POLICE
      [/SIZE]

LolGecko;260339 wrote:

ROFL:lol:
      ALL HAIL MissV!

[/CENTER]

Phuck Buddy wrote:

i agree.

lol ya

16 is a little young to try sumthin like that...some people on here r like 18 or even older, by that age u should b able to date whoever u want...but at 16 u should listen to ur parents

grounded4lifex3 wrote:

Okay guys, I really need some help!! I'm 16 years old, and I have a boyfriend who is 19 years old. My parents hate him and they dont want me hanging out with him, but they dont understand how I feel about him. I actually do love him, and Im not just being stupid. Trust me, I've thought about it, and he has proven in more ways than one than he loves me too. He would never let anything hurt me, and my world is perfect when I'm with him. The problem is my parents though. They are always telling me Im nothing but a liar and its hurting me so bad. I think I may run away, but if I do, there's no way I could ever return... So what do you think I should do?? :confused:

They've been young once before too. They know the extreme emotions that come with teh teenage years. They also know that those feelings often don't last. They just don't want you doing something you will regret.. and.. well.. might be wrong, but most people assume someone that age interested in someone your age is simply looking for sex.

It IS a personal question and you have no need to answer, but just hear me out. Are you having sex? Coming close? If so.. well, that would confirm your parents worries. They don't want you pregnant, they don't want you emotionally damaged.

YOU might love him.. but does he feel the same way? Has me made an attempt to talk to your parents about the way he feels about you? Has he done anything to earn their respect? Have YOU shown that they can trust you?

I think you shoudl wait it out at your house and try to negotiate with your parents. Maybe they will agree to let him come to your house so long as someone is home and he is not allowed in your bedroom. And perhaps you too might be allowed to go out with other friends as a group, though expect a strict curfew with someone that old.

It all depends on you. Are you willing to do the right thing and listen to your parents? Or do you want to run off behidn their backs and disobey their rules? Are you willing to compromise?

Compromise is what keeps relationships going, including parent-daughter relationships.

grounded4lifex3 wrote:

hey hun my names lauren,im only 15 but i think you should stay with him if hes willing to protect you. my mom calls me a liar to...but i ignore it.....if i were you i would run to like ive always wanted to my life is falling apart....id live with him and stay with him for awhile,well thats if he doesnt with with his parents...thats my opinion. sorry if im not much help but id run with him.

grounded4lifex3 wrote:

I don't see the problem. Continue seeing your boyfriend behind your parents' backs, and, if they find out, say, "Fuck you, I'm gonna keep seeing him, so grow up and fucking deal."

Running away isn't really necessary, and all that'll do is drag the cops into it, which is the last thing you want.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

I know how you feel.
      My Parents dont like my boyfriend either.
      They say its just because he doesnt really talk to them.
      && I hate it when they say that because my parents are so intimidating.
      && secondly my boyfriend is a little shy && I tell them that all the time but they dont give a flip.
      But running away isnt the best bet, because honestly its hard living on your own.
      I'm in college && I kinda know what it feels like to live off on my own && even with my parents help its hard.
      Just try && work things out with your parents, but I mean you also have to remember that your parents are always gonna be there for you.
      So..Do you really wanna risk screwing your parents relationship for a boy you love now??

Think about it..
      Trust me..I know I have. Many times.

Love.