Please I need some opinions

• Please I need some opinions

I'm 15 and a sophmore in highschool, but i skipped a grade so don't turn 16 untill fall junior year (this fall). Theres this girl who is really cool and attractive and we like each other, but theres a problem. She's 14, but shes in 7th grade because she didnt speak english when she got here in like 5th grade (shes from norway). most of my friends think its creepy, but i think shes really awesome. Any advice on if we should go out or anything? please help me!
    • Re: Please I need some opinions

I thought fourteen year olds usually are in eighth grade? Hell sometimes they're even freshmen. Obviously the age difference isn't a large margin by any means. Honestly, I say do what you feel is going to make you the happiest. I know a lot of people who date girls three years younger than them, a lot of them are Seniors and their girlfriends are sophomores and some are even freshmen.

At the end of the day, if they're you're actual friends they will not care, they mess with you about it here and there jokingly but they shouldn't care. Not to mention, they're older than you, so maybe the idea of them dating a 7th grader is creepy.

I say go for it, she's only a year younger than you and if you have common interest and so forth, you have nothing to lose. As I previously said, do what's going to make you happy.
    • Re: Please I need some opinions

I would have to say no to this one...The age is fine, but is she mature? There are 2 problems I can see happening.

1) People think you're taking advantage of her because she doesn't speak English extremely well

2) People see you as creepy since you're a 10th grader dating a 7th grader.

If you don't care what other people think, go for it. But remember, the maturity level between middle school and high school can be quiet different.