:(

• well i started being depressed around 12 and am kinda used to things now even tho i hurt alot but i drink to

i started sorting ma drink out and was kinda kl 4 a while

i got ma self a gf (am a lesbian) and everything seemed ok and i was happy ......

she finished me and ever since i have gone bk on to the drink like everyday :(

any advice??? :cries::(:confused:
    • nothing11111 wrote:

Well, I think you need to see a counselor or someone to talk to and not on the web.
      Its much better to talk to someone in person.
      This site will give you plenty of solutions but none are permanent.
      If you want to hear about the permanent solution please send me a privet message.

religion isn't a permanent solution, just a diversion. If she wants to go along those lines and convert then that's fine, but don't present religion as a miracle cure for people's problem's when they're vulnerable. That's just pandering.
      Sorry if I jumped the gun by assuming you intend to suggest religion, you just sound like a few "Christians" I know.:)

You say there are quite a few problems, have you tried listing them all on piece of paper?
      You should list them all, and try to differentiate between the things you can change right away, the things you can change over time, and the things that you can't do anything about.
      Try to think about the good things, if any, that have come out of your problems.
      Focus on changing the small things first, then work your way up. If you're busy facing your problems you won't have time to try to avoid them by means of alcohol.
      Also, seek professional help, and research articles, or testimonies about depression and or alcohol abuse in your free time. Finding someone you can relate to also helps, there are plenty of those here.
    • Well honestly alcohol use in your situation is only going to make things worse. It seems to help for a certain amount of time, but alcohol and drugs have a boomerang effect. It goes away and comes back like a slap in the face, and will only make your depression worse.

First, think about why you're upset, and then think about a way to fix it, or think of something that will make you feel better, and strive to achieve that. You could possibly have clinical depression as well if these feelings have been an onset cycle for the past few years. My advice though is please don't use alcohol to self medicate, it will only make things worse in the long run, trust me.
    • thanks 4 all your comments

well i do have a support worker and tht but it still is really hard, sumtyms i am fine then there are like stages where i go off the rails which causes hurt 4 my mum which oviously i dnt want but the thing is is tht i just dnt no where to turn when these eposodes happen so i turn to drink :s