abuse

• I have depression of sorts. Is it clinical or jsut a phase? o dont know i asked my mother to get em a doctor to findout and she refussed. So i go thru stages of depression rightnow i am in one. Andi couldnt admit it until recently but my mom kinda verbally abuses me. Today she started something new. Something where when i raise my vouce with her she hits me. My school know sbout the verbal shit and might have me taken away. idk what to do. anyone else have a parent like this? or have advice on how to cop with it? or whatever u think u should say?
      pm me if u ever need to talk about something or just feel like talking to someone or whatever...
    • It may be best that you do get "taken away." Although that wording isn't really the greatest. They'll relocate you to a safer home where you won't be abused. I understand you may not want to leave your home, even though your mother is abusive, but it's for your own safety.

They'll also give you a counselor or someone to talk to. It would be an excellent opportunity to get things sorted out and start on a track to a better life. So accept the help you can get.
      Need help or just want to talk? PM me. :)
      -------------------------------------------------------
      "It's easy to be nice to people you like. But being nice to people you hate, that's a skill. Do it."
    • My problems are also with my dad he has anger management issues and takes it out in me usually. I'm afraid to leave home. If I were to be moved I have to go to a new school and leave all my frienda behind. I have problems in big groups if new people. I don't know if I can do it. Even if they abuse me idk if I could leave
      pm me if u ever need to talk about something or just feel like talking to someone or whatever...
    • Getting away from the abuse should be your first priority. Talk to the Child Protective Services and see if they could relocate you to a place that's still close to your friends and school. Or maybe you can be moved to a relative who lives nearby. Or a friend. There are many options that they will give you.

If you get relocated away from your friends and school, you can always keep contact with them. In fact, that would probably be recommended.
      "It's easy to be nice to people you like. But being nice to people you hate, that's a skill. Do it."
    • i cant go stay with family. My aunt hates me so i would hate it there but her husband is my favorite uncle. My uncle drinks and his wife is a recovering drinker they barely get by as it is. My grama lives in florida and my dads family well ive on ly met his sister 2 times and they are mental. His parents couldnt take me either. So id have to go with wherever they put me. My mom also hates my friends cause they are misfits in a way but i dont care causes we bring the good out in each other. My guy gave me the number for difus when i told him my mom hit me last night. He wants me to call but my mom owns the biggest computer training company in the country id lose without proof. I have no proof yet. I figure if i want proof i have to wait for her to hit harder
    • Actually, it's your word against hers. If you just tell someone she's being abusive they won't hesitate to begin an investigation of some kind. You don't have to wait for proof lol.

But I agree with Niho. No child deserves to grow up being abused, verbally or physically. You need to see the good in getting away from that. Even though you're leaving behind your friends, it's not hard to make new friends. Theres so many different people in the world, theres no way you can't make friends somehow. Also, with todays technology it's possible to stay in contact with all your friends as much as you like. Don't look at the bad side, look at the good side, babygirl.. it'll be better for your life. :)
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
    • Why can't you go live with your grandma? I understand its Florida, but there's no sense in continuing to keep yourself in an unhealthy environment where you're unhappy. Have you tried to ask any of your friends parents if you can stay with them for a little? Maybe that'll give you time to figure out if you want to go to Florida or go in to child services. Also, you don't necessarily need physical proof. You can try recording it with a small camera, that would be undeniable in court.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling
    • Umm making new friends is hard for me because I don't talk around new people. And I can't go live with my grama in Florida because she is traveling most of the year and im in school. I'm 16 I can't miss high school. I can't stay with a friend because yeah I have plently of offers but my mom wouldnt hear of it. So If I just went there shed find me and the parents would get in legal trouble. If I could get my journals back and retrieve my hidden letters tomyself I would have it covered but I can't get them back. And I can't like call the cops or anything cause id lose if it went to court. My mom owns the biggest computer training company in the country she's powerful and can get a kick ass lawyer and I'll Lose
    • It's not a matter of going to court if YOU say you're being abused and want out of it. The state will listen and launch an investigation. There's no reason for you to feel unsafe in your own home, and they won't leave you to be abused.
    • gawgiesnuggz wrote:

Umm making new friends is hard for me because I don't talk around new people. And I can't go live with my grama in Florida because she is traveling most of the year and im in school. I'm 16 I can't miss high school. I can't stay with a friend because yeah I have plently of offers but my mom wouldnt hear of it. So If I just went there shed find me and the parents would get in legal trouble. If I could get my journals back and retrieve my hidden letters tomyself I would have it covered but I can't get them back. And I can't like call the cops or anything cause id lose if it went to court. My mom owns the biggest computer training company in the country she's powerful and can get a kick ass lawyer and I'll Lose

Not if you get yourself emancipated. If you called the cops, then they'd remove you from the home and place you in children's services until they could find a proper place for you to live. It honestly seems as if you're not really willing to do anything to change your situation, everything people have suggested and told you, you come up with an excuse or a reason why it won't work.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling
    • gawgiesnuggz wrote:

I have depression of sorts. Is it clinical or jsut a phase? o dont know i asked my mother to get em a doctor to findout and she refussed. So i go thru stages of depression rightnow i am in one. Andi couldnt admit it until recently but my mom kinda verbally abuses me. Today she started something new. Something where when i raise my vouce with her she hits me. My school know sbout the verbal shit and might have me taken away. idk what to do. anyone else have a parent like this? or have advice on how to cop with it? or whatever u think u should say?

Well I'm someone who was mentally diagnosed with manic depression type 1 which is one of the worst kinds. With my depression I go through frequent bouts of happiness and sadness, and it rapid cycles. I do believe it would be a wise choice to be evaluated, but it sounds like your mom is pretty ignorant to those kinds of things. Then again no one wants their child to be "fucked up" to put it bluntly.

However, it is wrong for your mother to hit you and to verbally abuse you. No mother should treat their child like that. I don't understand how a social worker could take a sixteen year old away, but maybe I'm just ignorant to those kinds of rules. Do you have someone you can stay with?

My advice since you aren't being treated for it would just be to find something you enjoy doing, and something that makes you happy. Whenever something goes wrong in your life, let that be your outlet. If you enjoy writing I strongly recommend keeping a journal. I used to do that, and it ultimately helped me release a lot of pain that I kept bottled up.
    • If you are to stay with your parents then you have to stop to raise your voice to them and be submissive. Think about getting through school and be able to stand on your own two feet, so that if this persists then you can leave and be self sufficient. But I know how hard that would be, I'm just saying what I would do, but everyone is diferent and they have their strongs and weaknesses.

I also had depression and never talked to anyone, I relied on other people being lively and talkative so that they would talk to me and then I could answer back to create a friendship. But things in this department are much easier than it seems, it's ourselves blocking our true potential.

I would like to get an update on your situation if something changes :O
    • Linda. My mom is super rich I would probably lose if it went to court cause she can get a kickass lawyer, but I thought of a few things that would help. So I need a few things first 1 my journals back, 2 proof of being hit 3 so come clean about the cutting, burnig and other various forms of selfharm I've come to know and tell them about the almost suicide attempt. I also need to find a out if I can get emancipated at 16 in nj. The downside to that is I have to transfer school in order to do that because u have ti live with your parents to go to my school.

Icy: by abuse I mean my mom verbally abuses me. She calls me a shank tells me I have no future will die alone, will live in poverty blah blah fucking blah (exude my french I'm angry today my friend dislocated my shoulder) I have straight a+ in school, I have plenty of friends, most guys I meet ask me out. I pretty mch am the opposite but she keeps putting ne down. If I screw up I never stop hearing about it. I am still being put down for a mistake I made 2 years ago. And physically she hits me and my mom is strong

Mamabear: my mom doesn't believe in depression therefore she thinks all I want is attention. I would expect most people to realize that's not true because I avoid people at all costs and like to be alone. I used to have the perfect outlet. It made me feel amazing and like nothing could Hurt me no one could limit me but me. I did gymnastics for 10 years, it was my release. I can still do gymnastics but I can't do a much of it and the more I do the more I pay for it. If I want to bang out gymnastics for a few hours I have to remember the next day I can't walk. I have to many problems with my feet ankles and joints to continue with it. I do write but my mom took my journal when she found it. I keep them in my head now not safe to write on paper.
    • gawgiesnuggz wrote:

Mamabear: my mom doesn't believe in depression therefore she thinks all I want is attention. I would expect most people to realize that's not true because I avoid people at all costs and like to be alone. I used to have the perfect outlet. It made me feel amazing and like nothing could Hurt me no one could limit me but me. I did gymnastics for 10 years, it was my release. I can still do gymnastics but I can't do a much of it and the more I do the more I pay for it. If I want to bang out gymnastics for a few hours I have to remember the next day I can't walk. I have to many problems with my feet ankles and joints to continue with it. I do write but my mom took my journal when she found it. I keep them in my head now not safe to write on paper.

Oh so she's one of those ancient types of people who don't believe mental illnesses exist. My grandfather was the same way, and he actually battles with manic depression to this day, but has never been diagnosed. Even if you can't do gymnastics find something else that makes you happy. Sometimes being alone isn't always the best thing. It gives you lots of time to think about everything that can go wrong in situations. If you can try to go out with a few friends sometime. Your mom is seriously mental though. Taking your journals? That's an invasion of privacy.
    • Mama Bear wrote:

Oh so she's one of those ancient types of people who don't believe mental illnesses exist. My grandfather was the same way, and he actually battles with manic depression to this day, but has never been diagnosed. Even if you can't do gymnastics find something else that makes you happy. Sometimes being alone isn't always the best thing. It gives you lots of time to think about everything that can go wrong in situations. If you can try to go out with a few friends sometime. Your mom is seriously mental though. Taking your journals? That's an invasion of privacy.

I find grabbin my iPod and just walking out the door and moving and listening to music just me my music and the pavement. I have a new journal with a better hiding spot. I slip it on my bag an take it on walks and head to the lake to write or lock myself in thr bathroom. Not only did she take my 2 journals and read them but she also took my friends journal and read his. She has his journal, my journal and my dream journal. I begged her not to read them to leave my private thoughts alone but instead she opened them and read them in front of me. Then took them and won't return them. I actually go out with my friends everyday of the weekend. I hate being stick home. During the week I can't go Out cause my mom and dad are working and my sister out with her bf or at work all day. I have to wait till I get my license before I can go out Monday thru Friday.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

oh and hears just something that makes me chuckle about it. My personal guidance consuler and i were talking and i was like i should jut check myself in and deal with being locked up for a week and she was like dear your mom should be checked iin and locked up to get her way from u for a week