Loving 2 people.

• Loving 2 people.

Basically, I am in love with 2 guys-- both for very different reasons.

The first boy, I have known for over 10 years, and is my best friend. We have gone back and forth with feelings for each other, but have never really had a "relationship". He is perfect for me. The HUGE problem is that I don't think he feels the same about me anymore. Recently, we've been flirting.... nothing major though.

Second, I am in a relationship of over 4 years with a great guy. He treats me so well, and is an amazing boyfriend.

The other night, me and the first boy had a quasi-date... it wasn't called a date... but we did date-like things. I told my boyfriend, and admitted to having feeling about this other guy. He was so unbelievably understadning and told me to figure things out, and he'd be waiting for me, if I wanted him to.

Simply, I feel like I can't be happy without either of them.... but I know I can't have both. I don't even know if the first guy cares about me as much as I do for him. The sensible choice would to be to stay with my boyfriend... but my heart is so deep into the first boy.

Help.
    • Re: Loving 2 people.

i think you should stay with your boyfreind. like you said with the guy you fell for, you guys go back and forth with feelings but really you guys didn't go out. if you end up breaking up with your former boyfriend and go out with your freind of 10 years and for some reason doesnt work out, then you will end up with nothing and your heart will be virtually broken twice.

I think you should see where the other guys feelings stand with you. If you truly do have feelings for him and you wish to explore it more, just make sure you know what you're doing. Try asking him how he feels about you, and if he could see the two of you together.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

I know what it feels like, and it's not nice. Think and make a list in your head about the good and bad points of each, and make sure you're solid with your decision and won't regret it. Honestly, I'd suggest staying with your boyfriend, because if you left him for your friend, but things didn't work out, you'd have neither of them, and if you've been friends for so long, it's probably best to stay that way..
      [COLOR="red"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Standing on the rooftops, everybody [COLOR="Indigo"]scream[COLOR="Red"] your heart out.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Miss Loopy wrote:

Johnny Depp - "If you fall in love with two people, pick the second, because if you really loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second."

Awesome quote.

I feel like it would end up better with your current boyfriend. With your best friend, it seems like you're on and off too much for it to be a lasting relationship. On top of that, I know based on what you said, your current boyfriend seems to be in love with you while your best friend doesn't seem interested.

If you're unsure about your feelings, you need to take time to think it through.
      It's often easy to mistake a love for a friend as more.
      Have you ever considered that you're in love with your freindship with the person?
      As being in a similar situation myself, I noticed that i'd fallen for everything we did together, and everything involved in the friendship, but not actually him..
      It can be very confusing, to feel like you need both. But it does sound as though you're better to have this best friend there as a best friend, and your boyfriend in your life too.
      Because if you take it another way.. you could lose both..
      And how many guys are willing to wait around for you, and accept that you may share your feelings with another? the answer, is not many, at all. Be careful.. good luck :3