falling for your straight best friend.

• falling for your straight best friend.

since ive been at uni i have become best friends with this guy, and although i always had a feeling i knew i may be bi-sexual, i unexpectedly began to gain feelings for him. He is straight, but we have and odd friendship where we would often share a bed and when we were drunk things like holding hands and cuddling in bed would happen. But the next day nothing would be spoke of about it, just our other male friends taking the mick out of us holding hands on the walk home from the pub lol. These kind of things just made my feelings for him much deeper and he became the thing on my mind constantly it drives me mad. one night i got really drunk and decided to tell him i thought i might be bi-sexual and cant really remember what was said back to me unfortunately, however i remember another time where we were drunk in his room i asked if he was bi or gay because and he said no, but proceeded to kiss me =/. The next day nothing was spoke about there was another event where we cuddling and he told me that when hes with me he doesn't need a girlfriend. we also bicker like a couple and often row over nothing. When i did confront him he told me he doesn't remember and doesn't know why he does things like hold my hand etc..after that we never did the cuddling in bed of hold hands and he became kinda distant in that sense but we were still best buds. i just wish i didn't feel for him this way but i cant seem to let go as i cant forget the close moments we had, but it hurts as he is a ladies man and as his best bud im constantly being told about all these girls he's sleeping with. Its torture to hear. but i cant declare my feelings for him as it would ruin our friendship as i know he doesn't feel the same, Thank you for reading i know there's not much advice that can be given i just wanted to share this with someone as its eating me up.
    • Re: falling for your straight best friend.

Maybe you should ask him when you're both completely sober... or when you're not sober and he is sober (that way you can just pretend you were kidding the next day)... I find that things work best then.. or just like record your drunken conversations. LOL However, in all seriousness, if he told you he was straight while he was drunk he was probably telling you the truth.

Drinking doesn't always lead to a truthful conversation. The best thing to do it shove it deep deep down because he obviously doesn't want to be outted if he does in fact swing the other way. The best hope you have for this situation is having a lot of future drunken episodes, but that's all it will be. Speaking from experience.

Yeah man. Falling for anyone who doesn't reciprocate is generally shitty. Gay or straight. Enjoy everyone on the level you are able to enjoy them. If that's just friends, then enjoy his friendship and put no expectations on anything. Your hope of something more only tortures you.
      [COLOR="black"]When I'm not fighting mountain lions for sport, I read about broken homes, teenage depression, and other such life-improving awesomeness cause I'm weird like that[/COLOR]

TELL HIM!

I think you should tell him how you feel. You may not get the answer you want, but you will get an answer, and it sounds to me like that is what you really need! Besides, if you two really are good friends then you telling him something like that does not have to ruin your friendship :) I'm not going to tell you that it 100% won't, and it may well be awkward for a bit but you can get through it I'm sure! This situation honestly sounds like torture, and it will only get worse unless you do something. I think, one day, when you are alone together, and sober, you should sit down and speak to him. Tell him how you feel, and not just that you have a crush on him, tell him what you have told us. Tell him how the hand holding and hugging makes you feel and how you feel when you hear him talk of these girls. It may not get you the guy, but you will know that you have done your best, you have tried, and that what happens is now up to him. It may, however, make him realise that actually he does have feelings for you, and that he feels the same things you are feeling but it perhaps confused about the whole thing.

Ether way, I think it is worth a shot :)
      Please keep me updated about what happens in this situation and whether you do tell him or not. Good luck <3

WOAH!!! this actually happened to me...not the drunk part..as i am only 15 and straightedge...but i did fall very hard for my best friend since second grade...and i think i went insane. i hated her bf who i was fine with during the summer me and him were close friends and he was a brother figure to me.. we were really close. i had a bf at the time tho so w.e but then WHAM BAM! i fell for my best friend...i was like oh crap (-_-)' hmmm i knew when i had the urge to kiss her...yeah. for that time i hated being bisexual. Now i dont think i am so in love with her but i admit that if she commited suicide i would too right after her. i cant live without her for sooo many reasons and living with my feelings kinda sucks. I feel for you though so i can relate. IT gets better tho :) unfortunately my friend just like yours is "straight"....you never know! hehe ^^ (side note: i have a crush on this gurl in my gov class tho..superrr cute!) having a side crush helps because then you somewhat can lose interest in the straight person. I never told my friend how i felt about her...but if you Can definately tell your friend how you feel...when your not soo drunk..if that helps...*shrug* i agreee with FallingSoFast good advice!!! :D
      CutieCakesCares:)

I've dealt with this situation as the straight friend. I recommend telling him. If you guys are such good friends it shouldn't bother him too much. It will make him feel very awkward at first I'm sure. Maybe you could try subtle hints at liking him rather than dropping the bomb on him all at once. When my friend hinted at liking me I began to feel very awkward. Well, it wasn't really a hint. She just asked me what I would say if she told me she wanted to kiss me. xD
      It was an awkward situation but at the same time I was glad she was starting to come out. It's what best friends are for. Sorry for the ramble...I do that. Hope I was of some help to you. ^^