Dealing with depression

• Dealing with depression

How do you guys do it?, I just feel really miserable most of the time and just don't want to get out of bed most days, I can't talk to my parents about how I feel at all because they won't be supportive, they found me having an eating disorder when at my worst point I was down under 90 lbs more of an annoyance than a concern, their too pre occupied with my brilliant twin sister who gets straight A's and is good at everything, I just wish sometimes that it had just been her, then everyone would have been happy.
    • Re: Dealing with depression

I just feel like things are really bad at the moment and wish things would change, I couldn't ever bring myself to do something wasteful like kill myself though so don't worry I wasn't getting at that, definitely not me at all, I often think about what it would be like to walk out one night though and never bother going to see my parents again, it's something I think about all the time.
      I'm not very good at college but I love music and have gotten good at guitar and would love that to be my career but my parents dismiss it instantly:(.

I misread that you were asking how to debate with depression, and was gonna suggest insulting everyone who expresses a different opinion in the most annoying, self-righteous, and hypocritical manner. =D

But you didn't. :(

Try meditating; just go to a nice, quiet place and meditate. It sounds weird, but it gives you time to sort your thoughts out. It could reduce stress as well as just relax you overall. If you're not really stressed out/feeling down, just find somewhere with a lot of natural background noises, and just soak it in. Sounds silly, but it's amazing.

Also, find something you really, really, really enjoy. Ex, you said you enjoy the guitar? Just get away from everything and play it on your own.

Go out with friends for something you all really have fun with every once in a while. If you're like me and despise everyone who comes near you due to personal reasons (such as, in my case, every single person I meet irl sounds something like, "OMGZ DAT GUI/GIRL IZ SO HAWTTTT! I SHAL DAYT DEM 4 5 MINZ N DEY WIL BE TEH LUV OF MI LYF *TWITCH* *SPASM* *SEIZURE OF HAPPY* :D:D:D" or, "God loves you. Come pray with me? :):):):)" ), then you can scratch that out or try finding people with similar interests.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

XxNikkixX wrote:

Thanks for all the advice, maybe I should go see someone.
      I guess really I'm just really worried and frightened about how my family and friends will react about something and it's making me really miserable.

Ah, the notorious, "How will they react?"

That's always killer. :( Good luck.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

I, like another, suggest you see a doctor. This may not be your fault.

But, in many cases, you CAN help yourself. I struggled a lot with self hatred, depression(both caused by genetics most likely and also self induced), and anger problems. It took a process of over 3 years when I finally began to deal with my anger to get to the point where I am now. You must change your entire outlook on life. You must learn to recognize when you begin to have depressed thoughts and tell yourself that you are lying and not to listen, that you are instead wonderful and worth living.

And though many people on here many not be able to relate to the twin thing.. I can. I'm an identical twin. I know and understand the constant pressure, the comparing, the expectations, the "perfect" one.

I"m always willing to lend an ear if you need someone to talk to. You can PM me whenever you want, no matter how stupid the babble is, no matter how depressing the things are that you talk about, okay?

tessa_s212 wrote:

I, like another, suggest you see a doctor. This may not be your fault.

But, in many cases, you CAN help yourself. I struggled a lot with self hatred, depression(both caused by genetics most likely and also self induced), and anger problems. It took a process of over 3 years when I finally began to deal with my anger to get to the point where I am now. You must change your entire outlook on life. You must learn to recognize when you begin to have depressed thoughts and tell yourself that you are lying and not to listen, that you are instead wonderful and worth living.

And though many people on here many not be able to relate to the twin thing.. I can. I'm an identical twin. I know and understand the constant pressure, the comparing, the expectations, the "perfect" one.

I"m always willing to lend an ear if you need someone to talk to. You can PM me whenever you want, no matter how stupid the babble is, no matter how depressing the things are that you talk about, okay?

Thanks for your advice, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one with the twin problem.Do you ever find yourself resenting your sister just for been her?, I do alot and have done more recenty and barely talk to her now even though shes done nothing to wrong me.
      Pull the plug and take the stages.

kat1990 wrote:

Nope you not, many are.
      If you dont wanna listen to my advice, not my problem.
      See we have gotten over stuff by seeing certain peopleand you seem like you dont wanna know.

I usually talk out my feelings at church, Therapy kind of clashes with my religion a bit, but thank you for your advice I did listen to it :).

kat1990 wrote:

At church?

Hmm i wasnt being nasty or anything im just saying i dont like to see people in depression as its a un nice thing:)
      ALso i know what it did for me and i only like to advise it to other people:D

I'm not a Christian, I would feel pretty bad about been les if I were, we have a process called auditing which gives you the chance to get things of your chest:).