Have trouble?

• Have trouble?

So...I'm 17. I've only had one relationship; it lasted five short days. I know I'm not dating material, but ever since I realized that I couldn't even hold a man for an entire week, I realized that maybe I need to completely change myself.

Is it a good idea to completely change myself to fit a guy's standards if he shows interest in me? I know, it sounds awful, doesn't it? But I know that I cannot get a guy to be interested in me because I'm just not...good. I'm really nothing compared to other girls. If a man was ever interested in me, I'd never hold him for more than a week unless I changed myself completely or pretended to like everything he likes.

I know, most other girls don't have to do this because they're beautiful and overall better in every category, and they don't have to pretend to be like a guy most likely because they have so many (or at least a few) suitors. I have none. That's why, if I find a man who's interested, maybe I can have a relationship with him for a little while.

I know, this whole thread sounds horrible :/. It's just a big issue for me, I don't know how else to go about this.
    • Re: Have trouble?

Sorry but I just don't think that "changing yourself to fit a guy's standard" is going to work. It doesn't. Sooner or later, the real you will come up.

Maybe you should analyze why you can't be with a guy for a week. I mean, it's not normal (don't take it as a bad sign) but maybe deep inside, you know that he's not "the one" or that you just don't like him.

I don't think that there's anything wrong in being single. Give it time and take it easy.

Circe wrote:

Well I only dated one person, and that was the person I dated for five days. I just don't think I'm attractive or feminine enough to hold his attention at first, and my personality isn't extravagant or super unique either. So I'm not sure I even deserve to date anyone.

Well, you won't with that attitude (No offense).

I know that sometimes it's hard, but you must try to be positive.

How old are you? You have only dated one person and you are worrying!

Lose your head lose your head
      Your beauty it’s inside you
      Inside you
      Don’t let ‘em bring you down no
      The beauty is inside you
      Don’t let ‘em bring you down
      Cos you start your life today
      Live any thoughts you’ve dreamed off
      I was talking about the bolded line, but the whole verse can stay.

Circe wrote:

Of course there's a standard of beauty. Normally in the US it's to be thin, beautiful, wear makeup, have nice clothes, etc. I don't really fit any of that. The standard isn't totally strict, but it's there. Especially in the media.

That's what the media impose but that's not true. I mean, I like girls that are not tall, thin or wear make up like the ones on TV.
      I'm not even one of them and that's not a problem for me. Of course that it's easy to say that but you shouldn't take this "stardards" serious!
      Do you know how painful it is for the people on TV to stay that way? They are sometimes hungry, they have surgeries ... it's not natural most of the time.

Do you really want to be one of those people? Think it well. No feelings inside, no nothing?

There's nothing wrong in not being "pretty" as the women on TV.

Richard :) wrote:

Listen to this
      Chris Brown featuring Benny Benassi - Beautiful People - YouTube

There's one line in there which I could post, but would rather you find yourself so you can realise it.

+1

Circe wrote:

Internal beauty is really important, but if I'm externally ugly how will I catch the attention of a man? Ever?

No one is going to like you if you're that negative. I'm serious. Would you like a boyfriend to tell you that everything is wrong?
      Look on the bright side!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Nocta ().

Circe wrote:

I don't want to be celebrity-status, I just want to be thin, attractive, pretty and worthwhile. I'm just not sure that me being myself (physically) is good enough. I don't really want to look like the people on TV anyways, I'd really rather look like the girls I see every day.

I don't know how old are you, but you'll see that being thin, attractive and/or pretty doesn't make you worthwile.
      You are worthwile when you are who you are and act like that. You are worthwile when you are kind, respectful, warm, understanding.

I send you one of this :hugs:. Seems like you need one :)